Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/1/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Bonus — you’ll end up with a couple of ingredient leftovers this week
You’ll end up this week with half a package of bite-sized salami leftover, as well as half a brick of cream cheese, some mandarins, and some green onions. Need ideas for how to use these?
- Use the salami and mandarins in homemade copycat Lunchables for your child’s lunch — you’ll just need to add crackers and cheese!
- Use the cream cheese in something like creamy tomato hummus soup — or just jazz up your breakfast toast or bagel.
- Use the green onions on salads, or throw some on the pizza we’re making this week.
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 10/1/17 – 10/7/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/1/17
- Sunday: Garlic rosemary pork roast & potatoes (use two of the larger bakers rather than four small russet potatoes). On the side: Roasted garlic lemon broccoli (put this in the still-hot oven while the pork is resting, and it should be done around the same time the meat is sliced).
- Monday: Greek tortellini salad with salami (use the yellow bell pepper) Have some peaches and red grapes with this.
- Tuesday: Creamy black bean taquitos. On the side, mandarins and zippy cucumber red pepper salad.
- Wednesday: Oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks (shred leftover cooked chicken for Thursday’s dinner, and be sure to reserve about two pounds, or six drumsticks, out of your pack to make Friday’s dinner). On the side: Simple lemon green beans and red grapes.
- Thursday: BBQ chicken naan pizza and sliced peaches.
- Friday: Greek chicken drumsticks sheet pan dinner (use the orange bell pepper), plus mandarin oranges.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 9/30/17
Dairy & refrigerated
20 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $3.99
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred feta crumbles, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella, $2.69
Tuscan Garden 6 oz Kalamata olives, $2.49
Tuscan Garden mild pepper rings, $1.49
Can of Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.33
Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.55
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Specially Selected naan, $2.99
2 lb pork sirloin roast, $3.96
7 lbs chicken drumsticks, $4.83
8 oz Appleton Farms bite size salami, $3.49
3 lb mandarins, $2.99
2 lb red California grapes, $1.58
2 lbs California peaches, $1.98
3 heads garlic, $1.09
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.79
5 lb baking potatoes, $2.29
2 lbs lemons, $2.69
1 lb green beans, $1.79
Pint grape tomatoes, $2.29
Two cucumbers, $1.18
2 lbs red onions, $2.19
Three pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.69
Green onions, $.89
Bunch cilantro, $.59
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.59
That comes to $60.29.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/24-9/30 in Sunday ad markets and 9/27-10/3 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 9/27/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/1/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!