It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/13/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI Finds fun first…
Bagel, bagel, who’s got the everything bagel?
Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning is finally listed in this week’s ad, so take another look if you haven’t yet found it on the shelf at your store. Here’s my earlier review of ALDI’s Stonemill Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning vs Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning, and here are a few everything bagel recipes to get you started using yours.
ALDI meal planning week of 10/13/19 – 10/19/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/13/19
- Sunday: Everything bagel whole chicken (be sure to chop up and reserve 1.5-2 cups cooked chicken for Tuesday’s recipe), along with roasted cauliflower with Parmesan and this simple carrots & celery side dish (use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth).
- Monday: Black bean, tomato, & spinach frittata (use 7 eggs instead of 8), along with apple slices.
- Tuesday: Rotisserie chicken soup (omit lemon juice, if you don’t have on hand). On the side, have everything crescent shapes and half of the grapes.
- Wednesday: Chicken sausage dinner salad w/ avocado pepperoncini dressing (throw green onions on the salad too, if desired), with grapes and any leftover chicken soup on the side.
- Thursday: Sausage, egg, & spinach hand pies, On the side, salad made with the last heart of romaine topped with chopped carrots, celery, green onions, & Parmesan.
- Friday: Sour cream noodle bake, plus the baguette. Also, slice up the rest of your apples.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
Note: You’ll end up with half a roll of breakfast sausage left — slice it up into patties and cook it up for breakfast. You’ll also end up with chipotles in adobo left — keep in tupperware in the fridge, or puree and freeze in an ice cube tray for use in later recipes.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/12/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.85
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
24 oz Friendly Farms cottage cheese, $2.29
Bake House Creations crescents, $1.69
Bake House Creations pie crust, $1.49
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Tuscan Garden pepperoncini, $1.65
2 boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.78
16 oz Reggano egg noodles, $1.69
Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.69
2 cans 8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.58
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Who Needs the Bagel? seasoning, $1.95
16 oz roll Appleton Farms pork sausage, $2.29
6 lb whole chicken, $5.70
1.25 lbs 85/15 ground beef, $4.61
12 oz Never Any! chicken apple sausage, $2.99
2 lbs red grapes, $1.70
1 head cauliflower, $1.99
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.99
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
8 oz spinach, $1.39
3 hearts of romaine, $2.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
4 Roma tomatoes, $.60
1 avocado, $.69
That comes to $60.37.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/6-10/12 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/9-10/15 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/8/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/13/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.