Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/7/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the BRAND NEW Almost All ALDI Facebook group, where we are sharing and chatting about recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Check out my Amazon shop, which is full of cooking-related gift ideas plus some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning!
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 1/7/18 – 1/13/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/7/18
- Sunday: Baked honey cilantro lime salmon. Serve with (or on) the bag of Asian chopped salad with four sliced hard boiled eggs and half the bag of baby carrots, plus blackberries.
- Monday: Chipotle quesadillas with pan-roasted veggies & black beans. Serve with salsa, sour cream, and homemade guacamole, along with sliced mangoes and blueberries.
- Tuesday: Sheet pan balsamic BBQ turkey meatloaf dinner.
- Wednesday: Easy chipotle turkey chili topped with a little shredded cheddar & sour cream, alongside (or over) perfect roasted potato wedges.
- Thursday: Turkey stuffed bell peppers (reduce ground turkey to 1 lb, bread crumbs to one cup, and bell peppers to four; use regular cheese). Also saute up the other half of your green beans with a little garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Friday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken drumsticks with carrots & potatoes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/6/18
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms shredded sharp cheddar, $2.69
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $1.19
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.99
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.48
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Dozen medium El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
Casa Mamita mild or medium salsa, $1.49
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Chef’s Cupboard bread crumbs, $.89
1 lb fresh farmed Coho salmon, $9.99
3 lb Jennie-O 90% lean ground turkey, $6.99
2.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.48
6 oz blackberries, $.79
Pint blueberries, $1.99
2 mangoes, $1.18
Asian chopped salad kit, $2.49
Two 3-pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.38
3 heads garlic, $1.09
Bunch cilantro, $.69
1 lb bag of limes, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
2 avocados, $1.98
1 lb Roma tomatoes, $1.29
1 lb green beans, $1.69
5 lb yellow potatoes, $3.49
16 oz baby carrots, $1.09
That comes to $60.63.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/31-1/6 in Sunday ad markets and 1/3-1/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 1/3/18at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/7/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!