It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/19/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
It’s Asian Week at ALDI!
Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds this week — Edamame, sesame oil, money trees, mini egg rolls, woks, and so very much more.
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 1/19/20 – 1/25/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/19/20
- Sunday: Sausage, peppers, & onions frittata with garlic herb goat cheese (substitute sundried tomato goat cheese crumbles, if your ALDI, like mine, stopped carrying the goat cheese logs!). Serve with the baguette and the garden salad, topped with chopped green bell pepper. Also: Cook up a pot of rice and refrigerate it for tomorrow’s recipe — use 2 cups vegetable broth and one cup rice, for extra flavor.
- Monday: Edamame & mushroom fried rice, with egg drop soup, blueberries, and mangoes on the side.
- Tuesday: Fajita inspired chicken thighs & peppers (use 4 bell peppers: Your last two green bell peppers, along with the yellow and orange ones). On the side: Vegetarian rice pilaf (substitute dried parsley to taste for the fresh, which ALDI does not carry).
- Wednesday: Chicken & cauliflower sheet pan dinner (use thighs instead of breast). Serve with naan on the side.
- Thursday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken thighs + green beans, apple slices.
- Friday: Garlic soy pork with edamame rice. On the side, carrot & celery sticks and apple slices.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/18/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.88
Specially Selected sundried tomato basil goat cheese crumbles, $2.49
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice shelled edamame, $1.89
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
Fusia soy sauce, $1.59
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.89
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $3.87
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.07
1.5 lbs boneless center cut pork chops, $5.24
Never Any! chicken apple sausage, $2.99
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.47
2 mangoes, $1.18
Pint blueberries, $1.69
Bunch green onions, $.79
8 oz mushrooms, $1.89
2 lbs carrots, $1.49
Head of cauliflower, $2.49
1 lb green beans, $1.69
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.49
3 pack green peppers, $1.79
That comes to: $60.29.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/12-1/18 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/15-1/21 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/19/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected!
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general), also come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week. 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.