It’s your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/15/23, from lemon garlic butter chicken & mushrooms, to overstuffed spinach mushroom calzones — and so much more!
I’m back — did you miss me?! I hope that everyone had a lovely holiday season with family and friends, and now we’ll come back refreshed and ready to meal plan into the New Year. As always: These weekly menu plans contain six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use them to help bring your family together around home-cooked meals, and to help save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
Use any of these meal plans as an easy starting point, too. Modify your own family’s dinners around what’s in stock (or on sale) in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and any special dietary needs or preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/15/23 – 1/21/23
Cook along with us and answer the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though, let’s talk briefly about this week’s new ALDI Finds & get a couple more updates.
Organic ground beef and Valentine’s treats
ALDI Finds for the week of 1/11/23 include Valentine’s Day treats & candles, organizational items, fleece-lined leggings, organic grass-fed ground beef, and gluten free egg rolls.
Check out this week’s picks and let me know what you want to Find!
How were your holidays? Ours were, as always, feline-filled — they are of course indispensable to the entire process.
Lastly, new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds include a “you’ve been poisoned” teacup, and so much more.
- This HUGE list of HUNDREDS of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
Without further ado, here’s your ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/15/23. *** Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new one.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/15/23 – 1/21/23
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/15/23
- Vegetarian elote tortilla casserole
- Skillet red potatoes
- Note: The budget was tight this week — but if yours has room, also grab an avocado or two to elevate this dinner further!
- Easy cheesy beautiful pasta skillet (use Italian blend cheese instead of mozzarella)
- Warm up the baguette
- Ground beef gyros (use just 1 lb of the ground beef, reducing seasonings to compensate, & omit lettuce topping), served in pita bread
- Garlic red potatoes (use shredded Parmesan to taste, adding it during the last 20 minutes or so of cooking time; roughly chop the potatoes smaller instead of quartering, or they’ll take forever to cook)
- Slice up & lightly salt the rest of the cucumber
- Overstuffed spinach mushroom calzones (use Italian blend cheese instead of mozzarella)
- Slice up the mangoes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), carryout, mix it up!
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/14/23
*** Psst — check below this grocery list for easy one-stop Instacart shopping, as well as an easy-print version.
Dairy & refrigerated
Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $2.29
32 oz Friendly Farms plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.69
12 oz Happy Farms shredded Italian blend cheese, $2.99
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $2.09
Mama Cozzi’s pizza dough, $1.39
Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $2.49
Season’s Choice elote style corn, $2.29
L’Oven Fresh pita bread, $2.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
Specially Selected salsa verde, $3.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $1.16
2 jars of 24 oz Reggano marinara, $3.98
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.92
Can of Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.71
5 lb family pack bone-in chicken thighs, $8.95
2 lbs 80% lean ground beef, $7.58
2 lbs lemons, $2.89
2 mangoes, $1.38
3 packs 8 oz spinach, $3.87
16 oz green beans, $1.79
1 cucumber, $.69
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.58
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.79
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs red potatoes, $3.99
4 Roma tomatoes, $1.00
That comes to: $70.77
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Shop this week’s meal plan with Instacart
Easy-peasy: *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. See needed pantry staples, below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add more than one of an item, or to change the weight of items. So: Before adding the list to your cart, change the following
- Change the marinara quantity to two.
- Make a note to your shopper that you want 5 lbs in your family pack of chicken thighs.
- Change the mangoes quantity to two, spinach quantity to three, mushrooms quantity to two, and tomatoes quantity to four.
- Click “add” on any items you want to place in your cart, and omit any items you don’t want or already have.
- Just add anything else you need for the week to your cart, and check out!
Please use the add your list to Instacart feature at your own risk, always double checking your cart against the recipes. Also note that Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, flour, canola oil, butter, seasoned salt, sea salt, Italian seasoning, rosemary, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, paprika, crushed red pepper, oregano, salt, Kosher salt
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, try opening in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/8-1/14 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/11-1/17 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/15/23.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with some additional resources on meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.