It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/13/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Who here is changing their eating patterns in the New Year?
If you’re changing your eating patterns this year to do keto or just generally eat fewer carbs, here are ten keto friendly chicken recipes to help jump start that resolution for you.
You can also use these ideas to swap out recipes on a more carb-heavy night in any of these meal plans — modify away to meet your own family’s eating patterns and needs. 🙂
ALDI meal planning week of 1/13/19 – 1/19/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 1/13/19
- Sunday: Roasted chile-lime chicken and potatoes. On the side, honey roasted carrots (throw these in the oven when you stir the potatoes halfway through the chicken cooking time), plus Cara Cara oranges.
- Monday: Slow cooker BBQ chicken thighs (substitute for the drumsticks), honeycrisp apples, and spring mix salad topped with chopped broccoli & carrots. (Reserve at least 8 oz broccoli for Friday.)
- Tuesday: Easy spice rubbed fish tacos (use thawed cod instead of tilapia). Serve on corn tortillas & top with cilantro, sour cream, avocado, two chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheddar, and have pineapple on the side.
- Wednesday: Comforting kielbasa potato soup, baguette, and spring mix salad topped with half the cucumber (peeled & chopped) & chopped carrots.
- Thursday: Low carb veggie fajita bowls with cilantro lime cauliflower rice (also top with a little sour cream, if desired). Have the best black beans and honeycrisp apples on the side.
- Friday: Cod packets with broccoli & mushrooms (use thawed cod instead of tilapia), Cara Cara oranges, spring mix salad topped with the last tomato & other half of the cucumber.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 1/12/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.59
Season’s Choice plain riced cauliflower, $1.69
Bake Shop French baguette, $1.69
Simply Tuscan Garden lemon poppyseed dressing, $1.49
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.89
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.39
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
Can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.65
8 oz Stonemill minced garlic in water, $1.79
Parkview 14 oz Polska kielbasa, $2.29
5.5 lbs chicken thighs, $4.35
32 oz value pack wild caught Alaskan cod fillets (frozen), $8.99
2 lbs honeycrisp apples, $1.99
3 lb Cara Cara oranges, $2.49
1 lb limes, $1.59
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.38
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix salad, $3.49
2 lbs carrots, $.99
Two 8 oz mushrooms, $2.98
16 oz broccoli, $1.29
Bunch cilantro, $.59
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
8 oz jalapeños, $.99
5 lb baking potatoes, $2.79
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
4 avocados, $1.96
3 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to $60.87.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/6-1/12 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/9-1/15 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 1/9/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/13/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.