Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/18/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
So let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find these free ALDI meal plans useful. 🙂
ALDI meal planning week of 6/18/17 – 6/24/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand. We’re doing mostly stove top and Crock-Pot meals with fruits and salads on the side this week, because it’s really hot where I am right now. 🙂
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 6/18/17
- Sunday: Pokemon inspired pizza burgers. Serve with strawberries and potato chips, plus boil all eight ears of corn. (Eat four with dinner, cut the kernels off two and store them in the fridge for tomorrow’s recipe, and reserve your last two for Weds.)
- Monday: Southwest quinoa unstuffed peppers (use green peppers & your reserved corn kernels from Sunday — this makes at least six servings; save the extra to make Tuesday’s dinner). Top with salsa. Side: Red grapes and strawberries.
- Tuesday: Make quesadillas with your leftover southwest quinoa by adding shredded cheese to your tortillas, flattening out a spoonful of quinoa mixture on top, folding in half, and browning on both sides in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Serve with salsa for dipping, grapes, and half the bag of baby carrots.
- Wednesday: Crock-Pot ribs. (Substitute St. Louis spareribs — and I’m aware of the irony that this was originally a Jewel post, but the ribs will still be tasty. 🙂 ) Side: Salad topped with any leftover olives & pepperoni from Sunday, plus cut your last two corn cobs in half, reheat, and serve half a cob per person.
- Thursday: Sheet pan chicken drumsticks & veggies (substitute green for red bell pepper). Side: Spinach salad topped with Parmesan.
- Friday: Slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks. Side: Parmesan-garlic quinoa (use vegetable broth and pre-shredded Parmesan), plus cut the rest of your broccoli into florets, steam, and stir into quinoa.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/17/17
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz Happy Farms mild shredded cheddar, $2.99
Priano shredded Parmesan tub, $1.99
Priano 8 oz mozzarella, $1.99
Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Pueblo Lindo mild chopped green chiles, $.65
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.79
16 oz SimplyNature organic quinoa, $3.49
El Milagro 12 ct flour tortillas, $.85
Casa Mamita mild salsa, $1.49
2 liter Summit cola, $.85
Burman’s organic BBQ sauce, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Tuscan Garden can black olives, $1.19
Clancy’s potato chips, $1.09
Specially Selected vinaigrette, $1.89
Meat & seafood
4 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.76
3 lbs St. Louis spare ribs, $5.97
Mama Cozzi sliced pepperoni, $2.19
2 lbs 80/20 hamburger, $5.58
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
2 four-packs sweet corn, $2.58
3 pack green peppers, $.99
1 avocado, $.99
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
2 lbs strawberries, $2.58
16 oz baby carrots, $.99
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.49
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
8 oz bagged spinach, $1.49
Bagged salad of choice, $1.99
That comes to $60.53.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** New: Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/11-6/17 in Sunday ad markets and 6/14-6/20 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 6/14/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals may vary by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/18/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!