Welcome to your ALDI Meal Plan for the week of 9/6/20 – 9/12/20! It’s almost fall, y’all. I cannot believe we are solidly into September already — and that it’s Labor Day weekend already. Crazy sauce. Hope you all have a good one, as we celebrate our first Labor Day in our new home here.
As always: Use this plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 9/6/20 – 9/12/20
As our strange times continue indefinitely, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But, what’s new this week?
From seasonal spices to fried pickle ranch chips
From fried pickle ranch chips to unicorn cones, from seasonal spices to 3-wick fall candles, from Fusia potstickers to an Ambiano panini maker — All in this week’s ALDI ad. See all of my favorite Finds of the week here!
And here’s a refresher on ALDI Finds, special buys, seasonal items, and more special pricing and signage. Signs, signs, everywhere the signs: How to read ALDI price tags and see which items are a limited time special buy.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 9/6/20 – 9/12/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/6/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 9/6/20
- Homemade chicken soup
- Reserve two cups shredded cooked chicken for Tuesday; don’t put it back into the soup.
- Serve with spring mix salad topped with chopped celery, chopped carrot, chopped green onion, & half the grape tomatoes
- Labor Day BBQ! Grill the cheddar brats and serve on buns with chopped Roma tomato & onion
- On the side, fried pickle ranch chips and
- Boil up one pack of corn on the cob, and
- Half the grapes
- Leftover chicken, mushroom, & mozzarella hand pies (omit the egg wash unless you have eggs on hand; or substitute a little melted butter)
- Cups of leftover chicken soup
- The other half of the grapes
- Slow cooker salsa pork tacos, served on tortillas with avocado, chopped cilantro, and shredded cheddar
- The best black beans
- Carrot & celery sticks
- Southwest pulled pork & potato bowls (use shredded cheddar, all four ears of corn, and the bag of little potatoes — watching the cooking time and halving before skillet cooking)
- Spring mix salad topped with chopped green onion, shredded mozzarella, and half of the cucumber, peeled & chopped
- Pork & spinach baked taquitos
- Spring mix salad topped with the other half of the cucumber (peeled & chopped), chopped green onion, and the rest of the grape tomatoes (halved)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 9/5/20
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crust, $1.69
8 oz Happy Farms block mozzarella, $1.69
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.89
L’Oven Fresh hot dog buns, $.85
Clancy’s fried pickle ranch chips, $1.69
16 oz Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
2 packs El Milagro flour tortillas, $1.96
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.96
4 oz Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.69
4.5 lb whole chicken, $4.28
Parkview cheddar brats, $2.49
6 lbs boneless pork butt, $8.94
2 four packs corn on the cob, $5.98
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
16 oz organic spring mix salad, $3.69
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
Bunch green onions, $.79
Bunch cilantro, $.79
1 cucumber, $.59
8 oz whole mushrooms, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.09
3 heads garlic, $1.19
24 oz Dynamic Duo potatoes, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
2 avocados $1.78
That comes to: $60.83
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/30-9/5 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/2-9/8 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/6/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.