Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/25/22! Cook up everything from hearty overstuffed spinach calzones, to savory butternut squash & kale browned butter pasta — and, so much more.
Let’s get ALDI meal planning, shall we? As always: Six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use our weekly menu plan to help reduce stress and anxiety around dinnertime, and to save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
You can also use these meal plans as a starting point: Just modify your own dinners around what’s in stock in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 9/25/22 – 10/1/22
Come cook along with us for the answer the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though: New ALDI Finds and news.
ALDI German Week 2022!
German Week is back at ALDI for Oktoberfest 2022! Plus, everything from meal prep containers to dill pickle hummus this week. Check out all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
Reminder: You can now add ingredients from any recipe on this site to Instacart with a single button. Read more on this new “add to Instacart” feature, how to use it, and things to watch out for — because there are a few caveats here, as there are with any automated system. This is brand new, and we’ll have to figure it out together.
- *** Psst — also check below the grocery list in this week’s plan for easy one-stop Instacart shopping!
Lastly, here’s what’s new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds include LED Crocs headlights, and so much more.
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
That’s it! Without further ado, here’s your ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/25/22. Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new one.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 9/25/22 – 10/1/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 9/25/22
- Simple roast chicken & vegetables
- Cut up half the honeycrisp apples
- Shred 1.5 cups cooked chicken and reserve for Tues
- Overstuffed spinach mushroom calzones
- The rest of the apples
- Leftover chicken soup with butternut squash and kale
- Toasted & buttered English muffins
- Butternut squash & kale browned butter pasta
- Garden salad topped with chopped green onion, a little shredded mozzarella, & 2 diced tomatoes
- Hard boil up the last four eggs, and serve them sliced with the salad
- Sheet pan tilapia dinner (use roughly chopped yellow potatoes instead of little ones)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 9/24/22
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $2.29
16 oz Countryside Creamery butter quarters, $3.89
15 oz Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $2.39
Mama Cozzi’s ready to bake pizza dough, $1.39
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mozzarella, $3.99
Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $2.49
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $1.29
24 oz Reggano marinara, $1.49
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.95
48 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.99
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.99
3 oz Specially Selected cold smoked salmon, $4.99
Perdue whole young chicken, $7.69
1 lb fresh tilapia fillets, $6.49
2 lbs honeycrisp apples, $2.49
2 lbs carrots, $1.69
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.58
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.49
12 oz bag Simply Nature organic chopped kale, $2.99
Bag garden salad, $1.49
16 oz asparagus, $2.89
Bunch green onions, $.89
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.49
5 lb bag yellow potatoes, $3.99
3 lb butternut squash, $1.95
1 avocado, $.79
2 Roma tomatoes, $.46
That comes to: $70.90
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
New! *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. See needed pantry staples below.
- The list creation feature doesn’t currently allow multiple quantities of items, so, before adding the list to your cart you’ll want to change the following:
- Change the quantity of tomatoes to 2
- Change the quantity of mushrooms to 2 packs
- Click “add” on any items you want to place in your cart; omit any items you don’t want or already have.
- Add anything else you need for the week to your cart, and check out!
Add your list to Instacart is a new feature I’m testing out, so please use at your own risk and double check your cart against the recipes. It’s a work in progress! 🙂 Note: Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, coarse ground mustard, parsley, tarragon, oregano, crushed red pepper, sea salt, Kosher salt, paprika, smoked paprika, basil, rosemary, thyme, black pepper, sage, garlic powder, seasoned salt, flour
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, try opening in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/18-9/24 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/21-9/27 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/25/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with a few resources to help with meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.