It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/15/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI Finds fun first…
ALDI clearance, ALDI crescents
Check out my new $.99 garden mums, courtesy of ALDI clearance! These are going to be so cheerful when they all open up — What have you found on clearance lately?
And a bonus all-ALDI recipe for your week: If you have spotted the everything bagel seasoning at your store, you can use it to make these super easy crescent shapes for your next charcuterie board (or, just for snacking).
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 9/15/19 – 9/21/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 9/15/19
- Sunday: Chicken & cauliflower sheet pan dinner (top with some chopped green onion, if desired). Orange slices and naan on the side.
- Monday: Roasted cauliflower, potato, & corn chowder topped with a little chopped green onion, along with a chopped salad made with one heart of romaine, chopped tomatoes, half the cucumber, chopped, and chopped orange bell pepper. (Throw in some bacon bits too, for a less meatless Monday…)
- Tuesday: BBQ potato chip turkey cheeseburger bowls (add some bacon bits if you like), with half of the grapes plus some BBQ potato chips on the side.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken thighs + green beans, slice up the cantaloupe and any tomatoes you have left (top those with a little salt).
- Thursday: Slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken potato casserole (use thighs; substitute baking potatoes), with simple sauteed spinach on the side (throw in some bacon bits, too).
- Friday: Smoked sausage & potato skillet (substitute one large cubed baking potato for the baby potatoes, omit fresh parsley, top with a little shredded Parmesan, and use both the red and yellow bell peppers), along with the rest of the grapes and the rest of your oranges.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 9/14/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Half gallon Friendly Farms whole milk, $1.19
16 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.69
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
Tuscan Garden bacon bits, $1.29
Tuscan Garden ranch dressing, $1.49
Burman’s hot sauce, $1.99
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
Clancy’s BBQ potato chips, $1.79
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.29
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $3.74
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.07
19.2 oz ground turkey, $3.29
2 lbs green grapes, $1.78
3 lbs navel oranges, $1.99
2 medium heads of cauliflower, $3.98
Bunch green onions, $.99
1 lb green beans, $1.69
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 hearts romaine, $2.19
3 lb bag yellow onions, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lb bag baking potatoes, $2.69
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.49
That comes to $60.83.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/8-9/14 in Sunday ad markets, and 9/11-9/17 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 9/10/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/15/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.