It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 9/1/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday! Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
Some super-quick ALDI Finds fun first…
From vegan ice cream to a pantry organization hack
Vegan ice cream, electric pressure cookers, cute little mini bakeware, lens cleaning wipes — SO MANY Finds at ALDI this week! Check out all of my favorites.
Does your ALDI still have the toilet paper roll dispensers from last week’s ad? Use them to hack a can dispenser rack for your pantry!
Mine also still had these Easy Home hair care organizers on the shelf this morning — I recommend one of these to help get stuff off your counter. It worked for me. 🙂
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 9/1/19 – 9/7/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 9/1/19
- Sunday: Paprika roasted chicken & potatoes and easy roasted broccoli (save a couple oz fresh broccoli for Friday’s salad). (Put the broccoli in about 10 minutes before chicken is done; let it finish cooking while chicken is resting. Add a little minced garlic and/or additional favorite seasonings as well, if desired.)
- Monday: Labor Day BBQ! Grill up the burgers & serve on buns with sliced tomatoes (save one for Friday’s salad) & sliced onion. On the side, grapes & grilled red potatoes (if your potatoes are bigger, cut them more like in eighths).
- Tuesday: Slow cooker salsa pork tacos on corn tortillas topped with shredded cheddar, sliced avocado, & chopped green onions, plus grapes.
- Wednesday: Southwest pulled pork & potato bowls (use cheddar), sliced cantaloupe.
- Thursday: Salsa pork & spinach baked taquitos, plus black beans with cumin & garlic (top with chopped green onion instead of the optional cilantro).
- Friday: Creamy tomato hummus soup (use chicken broth), the baguette, and garden salad topped with your last bit of broccoli + last chopped tomato + chopped green onion.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/31/19
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Happy Farms brick cream cheese, $1.29
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.99
10 oz Park Street Deli roasted red pepper hummus, $2.49
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
L’Oven Fresh buns, $.99
16 oz Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.39
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.35
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
3 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.07
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
6 lbs boneless whole pork butt roast, $10.14
2 lbs Cattlemen’s Ranch Black Angus patties (frozen), $6.89
2 lbs red grapes, $1.78
4 pack corn, $2.49
Bunch green onions, $.99
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.39
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
Bag of garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lb bag red potatoes, $3.49
5 Roma tomatoes, $.75
2 avocados, $1.98
That comes to $59.89.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/25-8/31 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/28-9/3 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 8/28/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 9/1/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.