We’re well into the dog days of August with this week’s ALDI meal plan: 8/16/20 – 8/22/20! As always: Use this as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 8/16/20
As our strange times continue indefinitely, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first up — what’s new this week, you ask?
Acai Bowls and as seen on TV?
From breakfast pizza to acai bowls, from chili paste to chocolate fruit bars, from mini succulents to lens cleaning wipes — and even some As Seen On TV products: All in this week’s ALDI ad. Read up on what else you might Find this week!
And a very quick departure from ALDI-ness, for those of you who enjoy the ongoing adventures of my three bad kitties: Check out the latest edition of Caturday with the Notorious BKL and Friends, Great American Novel edition.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 8/16/20 – 8/22/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/16/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 8/16/20
- Vegetarian lemon chickpea wraps
- Half of the grapes
- Easy pork & pepper fajitas (use lemon juice instead of lime), topped with a little Greek yogurt and chopped grape tomatoes & avocado, served in tortillas
- On the side, spring mix salad topped with chopped carrot & chopped bell pepper
- Broiled pork chops & zucchini with Greek yogurt sauce
- The other half of your grapes
- Ground beef gyros topped with spring mix, tomato, onion, and cucumber
- Spring mix salad topped with chopped cucumber, a little chopped broccoli, & thin sliced onion
- Cut up carrot sticks
- 20 minute ground beef & broccoli stir fry
- Easy stir fried carrots (omit optional sesame seeds)
- Serve over cooked rice
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 8/15/20
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.59
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.49
Specially Selected naan, $3.99
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
Chef’s Cupboard 32 oz chicken broth, $1.29
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
2 cans Dakota’s Pride garbanzo beans (chickpeas), $.98
3 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.87
2.5 lbs thin sliced pork chops, $7.48
2.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $8.73
2 lbs lemons, $2.29
2 lbs red grapes, $1.78
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.99
20 oz zucchini, $1.61
16 oz Simply Nature organic spring mix salad, $4.29
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
2 avocados, $1.78
That comes to: $60.86
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/9-8/15 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/12-8/18 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/16/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.