It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/11/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
But first… look what I found!
This. Is. Huge: Everything Bagel Seasoning at ALDI
Check out a few of my favorite ALDI Finds this week — from cheap plants, to everything bagel seasoning, to lunchbox sales, to canning supplies.
Plus, check out the great price on these Pembrook Planner Kits. Let me know if you spot plain academic year planners in store, though — haven’t seen those yet this year.
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan!
ALDI meal planning week of 8/11/19 – 8/17/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 8/11/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker honey chipotle BBQ chicken sandwiches topped with sliced cheddar, along with half the bag of tortilla chips & half the jar of salsa (reserve a cup for Tues.), plus strawberries.
- Monday: Black bean, tomato, & spinach frittata, grapes.
- Tuesday: Veggie burrito bowls with pan roasted corn (use orange and yellow peppers instead of two red). Top with sour cream & chopped green onions, and serve with green grapes on the side.
- Wednesday: Cheesy sausage rice & spinach skillet, plus side salad made with the garden salad and the rest of the open bag of spinach from Monday.
- Thursday: Easy chipotle taco soup topped with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, and sour cream (if desired), plus the rest of the tortilla chips.
- Friday: Korean style ground beef & spinach rice bowls, along with soy honey glazed baby carrots (double the recipe and use the whole bag).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/10/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.77
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.99
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.99
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.39
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
2 cans Happy Farms corn, $.98
4 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $2.76
8 oz can Happy Farms tomato sauce, $.29
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
10 oz can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.07
12 oz SimplyNature spinach feta chicken sausage, $2.99
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $6.58
2 lbs green grapes, $1.78
1 lb strawberries, $1.19
16 oz baby carrots, $.99
Bunch green onions, $.79
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.69
2 bags 8 oz fresh spinach, $2.78
Bag of garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.69
2 avocados, $2.38
That comes to $60.79.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 8/4-8/10 in Sunday ad markets, and 8/7-8/13 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 8/7/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/11/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.