Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/30/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
New: How to Modify a Meal Plan
Whether you’re using my ALDI meal plans or anyone else’s, flexibility is key to making a meal plan work for you. So, here are a few tips:
Have any more? I’d love to hear how you adapt these meal plans to work for you.
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 7/30/17 – 8/5/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/30/17
- Sunday: Oven baked country pork ribs (substitute bottled BBQ sauce for homemade). Serve with corn on the cob and watermelon.
- Monday: One pot Parmesan pasta (use 8 oz spinach & whole grain spaghetti). Serve with strawberries & blueberries, plus make garlic bread with your loaf of French bread.
- Tuesday: Slow cooker taco soup (substitute yellow onion for red, and three 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies for the two 14.5 oz tomatoes w/ jalapeños — reduce to two if you don’t like much heat). Top with avocado & sour cream and serve with tortilla chips & watermelon.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan chicken drumsticks with broccoli & potatoes. Serve with sliced cantaloupe.
- Thursday: Slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks. Side: Parmesan roasted green beans (use shredded Parmesan).
- Friday: One pan roasted potatoes, sausage, and peppers (substitute regular Italian sausage for chicken sausage; use one red and one orange pepper). Serve with Caesar salad kit, upon which you can slice up your last yellow pepper.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/29/17
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $1.19
13.25 oz Fit & Active whole grain thin spaghetti, $.89
Can of Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.49
Three cans Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $1.35
4 oz can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.65
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.48
15 oz can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.55
30 oz can Dakota’s Pride pinto beans, $1.15
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.19
Bottle Burman’s organic BBQ sauce, $1.99
Specially Selected French bread, $1.69
4 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.76
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.78
19 oz Parkview Italian sausage, $1.99
3 lbs country style ribs, $7.47
3 lb yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.19
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
8 oz Little Salad Bar spinach, $1.49
3 lbs yellow potatoes, $2.99
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
16 oz green beans, $1.89
3 pack multi-colored peppers, $3.49
4 pack sweet corn, $1.29
Seedless watermelon, $2.99
Pint blueberries, $.99
Caesar salad kit, $1.99
That comes to $60.44.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** New: This week I’ve added day(s) next to each item so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/23-7/29 in Sunday ad markets and 7/26-8/1 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/26/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/30/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!