Like summer in Chicago, meal planning is HOT. As always: Use this plan for the week of 7/19/20 as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 7/19/20
As our strange times continue, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
First up, what’s new this week?
From fairy lights to organic lentils — love the serendipity!
From fairy lights to organic lentils, from succulents to school backpacks… so much variety at ALDI this week! Check out my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, because there’s something for everyone.
And how do you like to jazz up the $.85 box of brownie mix from ALDI? I recently made another batch of these chile mocha brownies from last year, since I’ve pulled the cold brew coffee maker out again for summer. So good!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 7/19/20 – 7/25/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/19/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 7/19/20
- Vegetarian chipotle lentil tacos in browned flour tortillas, topped with chopped green onion, shredded cheddar, & chopped grape tomatoes (use half the pint)
- Zucchini saute (use shredded Parmesan)
- Freeze the other two cups of vegetable broth for use another week; you’ll also end up with extra cheddar & chipotles to refrigerate or freeze for another day
- Chopped chicken avocado tomato cucumber salad — use juice of 1 lemon (or less, to taste) instead of 2 small limes; slice chicken lengthwise; substitute seeded regular cucumber for baby
- Slice up half the watermelon
- Sheet pan lemon garlic chicken with potatoes & carrots (slice chicken breast in half lengthwise and substitute it for thighs; use the little potatoes)
- Vegetarian lemon chickpea wraps (use 3 oz spinach instead of spring mix)
- The other half of the watermelon
- Slow cooker lentil & smoked sausage soup — top bowls with shredded Parmesan, if desired
- Sourdough toast
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 7/18/20
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.65
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.99
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.49
Simply Nature organic 16 oz dried green lentils, $1.99
12 ct El Milagro medium flour tortillas, $.98
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
32 oz Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
2 cans Dakota’s Pride garbanzo beans (chickpeas), $.98
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $9.45
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.35
16 oz zucchini, $.99
Whole seedless watermelon, $3.49
2 lbs lemons, $3.49
Bunch green onions, $.69
Large cucumber, $.59
2 lbs carrots, $1.29
8 oz mushrooms, $1.89
8 oz fresh spinach, $1.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
24 oz dynamic duo little potatoes, $2.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
5 Roma tomatoes, $1.09
4 avocados, $3.40
That comes to: $59.98
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/12-7/18 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/15-7/21 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/19/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.