It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/15/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Did you know I run two Facebook Groups?
It’s so true! Join one, or join both, but be sure to come on over and join us in chatting about savings and recipes. 🙂 You have your pick of:
This one is self-explanatory, right? Come discuss your fun ALDI finds, check out new recipe ideas, ask for suggestions…
Mostly non-ALDI deals in this group, which range from Amazon subscribe & save deals, to freebies, to coupon savings… and more. Come share your finds and enjoy the savings in both! 🙂
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find an easy printable shopping list for your week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 7/15/18 – 7/21/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/15/18
- Sunday: Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet (slice up breast into strips instead of using tenders), and garden salad topped with one diced tomato.
- Monday: Beef and broccoli stir fry over rice, sliced mangoes.
- Tuesday: Slow cooker salsa pork on a taco salad. Use the boneless pork butt, and serve over two hearts of chopped romaine with diced avocado, tomato, shredded cheese, salsa (reserve one cup for tomorrow), tortilla chips, and any other favorite taco salad fixings you have on hand). Also, blueberries.
- Wednesday: Salsa pulled pork soup. (If your ALDI does not carry salsa verde — some do, some don’t — substitute another salsa of choice; top with crumbled tortilla chips; use drained can corn instead of off the cob.) Chop up your last head of romaine and any remaining tomato(es) as a side salad.
- Thursday: Pork taquitos and sliced cantaloupe. Serve cups of leftover soup on the side if you have the room. 🙂
- Friday: Easy tilapia packets with broccoli & mushrooms (if mushrooms are thick, slice smaller or cut into smaller pieces to cook more quickly). Serve over cooked rice.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 7/14/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms block cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
Specially Selected chipotle lime salsa, $1.99
SimplyNature organic salsa of choice, $1.89
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.49
Box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
12 pack El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
6 lb pork butt roast, $8.94
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $4.58
1 lb top sirloin steak, $4.99
1 lb tilapia, $5.79
2 lbs limes, $2.69
2 mangoes, $.98
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
3 hearts romaine, $1.99
Bag garden salad, $.89
Two packs 8 oz sliced mushrooms, $1.98
Two packs 16 oz broccoli crowns, $3.38
Pint blueberries, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.18
That comes to $60.77.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/8-7/14 in Sunday ad markets, and 7/11-7/17 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 7/11/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/15/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.