It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 7/1/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
18 months and 27 pounds later…
Hey! So one of the reasons I started getting serious about meal planning and cooking almost all of our meals at home lo these 18 months ago was out of a determination to cut down on processed foods and added sugars. How has this worked out for me? For starters, I’ve lost 27 lbs so far…
- Read my “refined sugar and me” wrap-up, which also links to the entire series of posts on the topic, if you’d like to learn more about my journey. I’d also love to hear about yours. 🙂
And my loss is literally your gain, since we’re now also a good 18 months into these weekly ALDI meal plans: Happy a little-over-a-year-and -a-half-iversary!
ANYway, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find an easy printable shopping list for your week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 7/1/18 – 7/7/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
** Note: This week, being a holiday week where the best meat sale is on huge packs of ground beef, is a little “junkier” and more beef heavy than usual. You could also freeze part of the beef for later and substitute one of your family’s own favorite recipes on one or more nights, though, if you don’t want so much of it in one week.
** Note the second: You might want to freeze part of the chicken and then thaw it for Friday, or pre-cook it earlier in the week — because of the holiday in the middle, the chicken nights aren’t all together.
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 7/1/18
- Sunday: Slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches topped with Kosher dill sandwich slices. Serve with strawberries and garden salad.
- Monday: Cheesy summer corn soup topped with green onion; served with crunchy tortilla chicken fingers & BBQ sauce for dipping. (Note: If you don’t have an egg on hand for the breading, substitute a little mayo, olive oil, or melted butter.)
- Tuesday: Fourth of July BBQ! Enjoy burgers w/ 2 lbs of the ground beef (grill em if you have a grill!) — serve on buns & top with sliced onion & pickles & whatever your usual ketchup/mustard/etc burger toppings of choice might be — along with corn on the cob, half of your watermelon, and the rest of your tortilla chips.
- Wednesday: Easy beef, tomato, and spinach tortellini (use 1.5 lbs ground beef to account for extra shrinkage with 73%; use regular spinach instead of baby). Make a side salad with one head of romaine & the rest of your spinach; top it with sliced red bell pepper & Parmesan.
- Thursday: Sneaky ground beef & mushroom tacos (top with cheese & sour cream; use the last of your ground beef) + the rest of your watermelon.
- Friday: Chicken avocado mozzarella chopped salad (substitute chopped fresh mozzarella for the balls) and cups of leftover corn soup from Monday.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/30/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
8 oz brick Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Priano mozzarella balls in water, $3.29
2 packs L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $1.70
Tuscan Garden balsamic vinaigrette, $1.29
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Great Gherkins Kosher Dill sandwich slices, $1.15
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.49
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
6 oz can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Casa Mamita taco shells, $.89
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.76
5 lb pack 73% lean ground beef, $8.95
Seedless watermelon, $2.69
3 heads romaine, $1.99
8 oz bag spinach, $1.29
Garden salad, $.89
Green onions, $.89
16 oz mushrooms, $2.98
1 cucumber, $.59
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 lb yellow onions, $1.99
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
7 Roma tomatoes, $1.20
8 ears of corn, $2.00
1 avocado, $1.09
That comes to $60.70.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/24-6/30 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/27-7/3 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 6/27/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 7/1/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.