Here we go, solidly into our June 2020 ALDI meal planning. Use this as a starting point, and modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
It’s Our… Free ALDI Meal Plan week of 6/7/20!
If nothing else, I hope you can use these weekly meal plans to help restore some rhythm to these strange times.
First, though: What’s new this week?
ALDI Finds, and: Whatcha been reading?
On a slightly different but let’s still save money note, here’s what I’ve been reading lately (what have you been reading?!) — plus, a couple of my favorite places to buy used books online.
All that in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/7/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 6/7/20 – 6/13/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 6/7/20
You’ll end up with leftover potatoes, so roast them up some night if you want an extra side, or save them for next week! If you have wiggle room in your budget, there are also great fruit sales on grapes & peaches in many areas this week — pick some up for sides and snacking.
- Slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches (use red onion instead of yellow), served on hamburger buns topped with sliced red onion
- Garlic mashed potatoes — Throw in some bacon bits, too, reserving 3 Tbsp for tomorrow’s recipe; you can double the recipe if you want extra potatoes
- Reserve about 2 cups shredded cooked chicken for Tuesday
- Sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts & potatoes (use red onion, and the whole 1 lb bag of sprouts)
- Baked asparagus with Parmesan (roast in the same 425 degree oven; time depends on thickness)
- BBQ chicken naan pizza (use the block mozzarella, shredded)
- Slice up strawberries on the side
- Salsa vegetable soup with beans — substitute red onion, & top with chopped cilantro if desired
- Side salad made with spring mix salad, topped with feta (reserve 1/2 cup for Friday), any bacon bits you have left, thinly sliced red onion, diced tomato on the vine, & zesty Italian dressing
- Pepperoni pizza pasta salad (use red onion & chopped block mozzarella)
- Note: While the pasta salad takes just 30 minutes to throw together, I’d suggest making it earlier in the day (if possible) to give it time to cool in the fridge before dinner for optimal flavor
- Spring mix salad on the side (reserve 4 oz for Friday’s wraps)
- Vegetarian white bean wraps with feta & guacamole (substitute spring mix for spinach; tomatoes on the vine for Campari; spinach wraps for protein)
- Leftover pizza pasta salad
- Cups of leftover vegetable soup
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 6/6/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Emporium Selection feta crumbles, $2.29
2 Happy Farms 8 oz mozzarella cheese blocks, $3.30
Park Street Deli 10 oz chunky guacamole, $2.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.99
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.89
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.89
Burman’s original BBQ sauce, $.95
Tuscan Garden real bacon pieces 2.5 oz, $1.35
Tuscan Garden zesty Italian dressing, $1.25
Tuscan Garden mild banana pepper rings, $1.65
Tuscan Garden black olives, $1.49
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
32 oz Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $1.99
16 oz Reggano rotini, $.99
Simply Nature organic pinto beans, $.89
Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.49
Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.49
Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Happy Harvest green beans, $.49
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $5.67
Mama Cozzi 6 oz pepperoni slices, $2.19
16 oz bag Brussels sprouts, $1.49
1 lb asparagus, $1.69
1 lb strawberries, $.99
Bunch cilantro, $.69
16 oz organic spring mix, $3.49
2 lbs red onions, $1.49
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $2.99
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
24 oz package tomatoes on the vine, $1.89
That comes to: $60.87
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/31-6/6 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/3-6/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/7/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.