It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/30/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
First, a couple of ALDI Finds and fun:
Who’s buying crazy pickles this week?
Check out my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, including these crazy pickles I spotted in the wild at my store. Who’s intrigued?
And if you did end up picking up a Crofton Cold Brew coffee system recently (still available at my store this morning!), here’s the best way I’ve found to clean the filter.
ALDI meal planning week of 6/30/19 – 7/6/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 6/30/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker BBQ chicken drumsticks with not Syracuse salt potatoes. (No Instant Pot? Do up these little potatoes your own favorite way — these skillet potatoes would be good, for instance; use Parmesan instead of parsley at the end.)
- Monday: Vegetarian chipotle taco soup with cauliflower (use red onions and white mushrooms), topped with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, and crispy poblanos. On the side, make salad with two of the hearts of romaine, topped with cucumber and tomatoes (reserve enough larger romaine leaves for tomorrow’s taco wraps).
- Tuesday: Low carb chipotle chicken tacos (use the orange bell pepper & red onions) topped with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, and any poblanos you have left, plus cantaloupe and lime wedges on the side.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken thighs & green beans, leftover taco soup.
- Thursday: 4th of July BBQ — make grilled honey lime cilantro chicken and barbecued onions (use red onions), and serve them with half of the watermelon + potato chips.
- Friday: Sausage & pepper chipotle flatbread pizza (throw a little red onion on these too, if desired), plus the rest of the watermelon.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/29/19
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred goat cheese, $1.99
Fit & Active flatbread wraps, $2.49
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
Clancy’s potato chips, $1.79
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
3 cans 8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.87
10 oz can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
1 can Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Tuscan Garden crispy sea salt & lime poblanos, $1.79
3 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.87
2 lbs ground chicken, $5.78
3.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.49
12 oz Never Any chicken apple sausage, $2.99
1 lb limes, $1.89
Bunch cilantro, $.79
Bunch green onions, $.79
1 head cauliflower, $2.29
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.49
3 hearts romaine, $2.99
1 lb green beans, $1.49
3 heads garlic, $.99
2 lbs red onions, $1.89
24 oz little potatoes, $1.99
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $1.99
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to $60.76.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/23-6/29 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/26-7/2 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 6/26/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/30/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.