It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/24/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
18 months and 27 pounds later…
Hey! So one of the reasons I started getting serious about meal planning and cooking almost all of our meals at home lo these 18 months ago was out of a determination to cut down on processed foods and added sugars. How has this worked out for me? For starters, I’ve lost 27 lbs so far…
- Read my “refined sugar and me” wrap-up, which also links to the entire series of posts on the topic, if you’d like to learn more about my journey. I’d also love to hear about yours. 🙂
And my loss is literally your gain, since we’re now also a good 18 months into these weekly ALDI meal plans: Happy a little-over-a-year-and -a-half-iversary!
ANYway, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find an easy printable shopping list for your week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 6/24/18 – 6/30/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 6/24/18
- Sunday: Ground beef gyros (use some spring mix for the lettuce & top with half the pint of grape tomatoes, sliced), plus smoky pan roasted corn on the cob.
- Monday: Simple summer salad w/ chicken & blueberries. Enjoy a little Greek yogurt on the side for some added filling protein if you like, too; just reserve one cup for tomorrow’s recipe.
- Tuesday: Curried chicken skillet w/ cauliflower & rice. Serve with the rest of your blueberries.
- Wednesday: Baked lemon chicken with asparagus & mushrooms. Serve over cooked rice
- Thursday: Cheesy sausage, rice, & spinach skillet. On the side, spring mix salad topped with chopped cucumber & pepitas.
- Friday: Vegetarian lemon chickpea wraps + use these instructions to pan sear the other half of your cauliflower. Also shred the last of your cheddar and throw that over the cauliflower to melt right after you remove it from the pan, for extra flavor.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/23/18
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.69
8 oz block Happy Farms sharp cheddar, $1.99
Happy Farms feta crumbles, $2.19
Southern Grove pepitas, $2.19
Specially Selected naan, $3.79
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.29
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
Box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas, $1.38
1.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $4.49
4.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.18
12 oz Never Any spinach feta chicken sausage, $2.99
2 lbs lemons, $2.49
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix salad, $3.99
8 oz bag Little Salad Bar spinach, $1.19
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
1 medium-to-large head of cauliflower, $1.59
1 lb asparagus, $1.99
Bunch green onions, $.99
Pint blueberries, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
4 pack fresh corn on the cob, $1.69
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.49
3 avocados, $2.07
That comes to $60.69.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 6/17-6/23 in Sunday ad markets, and 6/20-6/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 6/20/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/24/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.