It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/2/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Favorite Finds, Fun with Produce Prices
What are some of my favorite ALDI Finds this week? Oh, just eggs, blueberries, and a cold brew coffee maker (which I could not find in my store today, but I’ll be checking back later) — plus of course more goodies — so check out my favorite ALDI Finds here, and please comment with your own.
Also new this week, some musings on ALDI produce prices vs. regular chain grocery store produce prices. Do you find the same type of discrepancy at stores by you?
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 6/2/19 – 6/8/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 6/2/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker garlic lime chicken thighs, plus broccoli with sweet red pepper & garlic (omit Parmesan, if you don’t have on hand; reserve 8 oz broccoli for Thurs).
- Monday: Black bean, tomato, & spinach frittata, cantaloupe.
- Tuesday: Easy steak fajitas. Serve on tortillas with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and cilantro, with sliced pineapple on the side.
- Wednesday: Chipotle taco soup with ground beef (use orange bell pepper) topped with cheddar and chopped green onion, along with cilantro-lime cucumber salad.
- Thursday: Ground turkey stir fry with cauliflower rice with egg drop soup (use four eggs if you like, one per person).
- Friday: Chipotle chicken wraps, along with leftover taco soup from Wednesday.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 6/1/19
Blueberries and strawberries are also a great price this week — they didn’t fit into this week’s $60ish dinner budget, but I’d add them into your list for the sheer fun of snacking and vitamin C, if you have wiggle room! 🙂
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.69
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.29
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.99
12 oz Season’s Choice riced cauliflower, $1.89
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.29
Fusia soy sauce, $1.59
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.39
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.39
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
10 oz Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $3.87
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.29
1 lb top sirloin steak, $4.99
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.89
1 lb chub frozen ground turkey, $1.99
16 oz bag of limes, $1.99
Bunch green onions, $.79
Bunch cilantro, $.79
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
2 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $2.58
20 oz broccoli crowns, $1.74
2 cucumbers, $.98
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $.99
8 oz jalapeño peppers, $.59
2 packs 3 multi-colored bell peppers, $6.58
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
2 avocados, $1.98
That comes to $60.76.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/26-6/1 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/29-6/4 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/29/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/2/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.