It’s our very first May 2018 ALDI meal plan! Behold: Your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/6/18. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
ALDI Instacart Review (and Code!)
So, remember I told you way back when that I had tried ALDI on Instacart when it became available in my area, and promised to review the service for you posthaste? Wellll… better late than never, because the code for $20 off your first order of $35 plus free delivery is still valid until end-May!
- *** See what I thought, what to look out for, the $20 off $35 code, and a couple of tips in my ALDI Instacart review.
(And I have to admit, it was kind of handy to have groceries delivered to my door…)
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and just scroll down to find an easy printable shopping list.
ALDI meal planning week of 5/6/18 – 5/12/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 5/6/18
- Sunday: Simple roast chicken & vegetables (substitute larger chunks of peeled sweet potato for the regular potato; shred up 1.5-2 cups of leftover cooked chicken and reserve for Tuesday’s recipe.) Also chop your garden salad up together with with the yellow bell pepper, a stalk or two of celery, and 2 tomatoes.
- Monday: Slow cooker salsa verde pulled pork, served in tortillas with cheddar and avocado; boil up your corn on the cob on the side.
- Tuesday: Rotisserie chicken soup (omit lemon if you don’t have on hand; use leftover cooked chicken from Sunday), sourdough toast.
- Wednesday: Leftover carnitas naan pizza (substitute the salsa verde pulled pork; garnish with green onion; shred the block mozzarella).
- Thursday: Salsa verde pork & spinach baked taquitos. On the side, slice up the avocado, the rest of your bell peppers, and two tomatoes.
- Friday: Smoked salmon scramble, mangoes, and sourdough toast.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 5/5/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.49
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms block mozzarella, $1.99
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
Specially selected naan, $3.79
16 oz Reggano egg noodles, $1.39
Box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
2 packs El Milagro 12 ct medium flour tortillas, $1.78
16 oz jar Casa Mamita Hatch & green chile pepper salsa, $2.29
10 oz can Fit & Active diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.45
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
6 lb boneless pork butt, $8.94
Specially Selected 3 oz smoked salmon, $3.99
4 pack Florida sweet corn, $1.59
2 mangoes, $1.18
Bag garden salad, $.89
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
8 oz Little Salad Bar bagged spinach, $1.49
2 lbs carrots, $.99
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
Green onions, $.89
3 heads garlic, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
2 sweet potatoes, $1.78
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.29
4 Roma tomatoes (about 1 lb), $.69
2 avocados, $1.38
That comes to $60.23.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/29-5/5 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/2-5/8 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/2/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/6/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can also access your current regional ALDI ad here.