It’s our first ALDI meal plan for May 2020! Spring has finally sprung (forget April showers, it’s been raining like crazy here), and…
- Per request, I’m posting this week’s meal plan & going by the weekly ad as per usual.
- Stores may not have advertised items in stock, and inventory levels will vary by store, region, and demand.
- Use this week’s plan as a starting point; modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, and what you have on hand in your pantry.
Again, during these odd times, I hope that this latest meal plan helps your week feel a little more normal.
Free ALDI Meal Plan week of 5/3/20
With all of that in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/3/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Find this week’s meal plan below; a few updates first.
ALDI Finds for Cinco de Mayo and Mother’s Day
A very few ALDI Finds in a short weekly ad for end-April 2020: Includes Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, and hanging baskets!
Reminder: Do you have an Etsy shop? I want YOU. I’m putting together some recommendations, so check out the call for Etsy creators here and fill out a simple form if interested.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/3/20 – 5/9/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/3/20
- Slow cooker salsa pork tacos
- Serve on 1 pack of the tortillas topped with 1 diced avocado and 3 diced tomatoes, garnished with lime wedges
- On the side: Quick seasoned black beans (add a little lime juice to taste)
- Salsa pulled pork soup
- Half the tortilla chips, with the rest of the salsa verde
- 2 sliced mangoes
- Leftover salsa pork naan pizza (use 4 oz regular spinach instead of baby; substitute salsa pork for carnitas)
- Cups of leftover soup from Monday
- Easy chicken fajitas (use the 2 1/2 bell peppers you have left and regular mushrooms)
- Serve on 1 pack of tortillas, topped with pico de gallo (use yellow onions)
- The rest of the tortilla chips
- Ricotta frittata with spinach & mushrooms
- Pineapple slices
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/2/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.28
2 blocks 8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella, $3.30
Emporium Selection 15 oz whole milk ricotta, $1.59
14 oz Pueblo Lindo verde salsa, $2.49
Specially Selected naan, $3.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
16 oz Casa Mamita organic chipotle-lime salsa, $2.29
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
12 oz box Reggano farfalle (bowtie noodles), $.99
24 oz jar Reggano simply marinara, $1.49
2 pack El Milagro flour tortillas 12 packs, $1.96
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.48
3 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.44
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
6 lb boneless pork butt roast, $10.14
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $3.74
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.99
16 oz limes, $1.69
2 mangoes, $.98
2 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $3.78
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
8 oz bag jalapeños, $.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.19
2 avocados, $1.58
6 Roma tomatoes, $.75
That comes to: $60.95
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/26-5/2 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/29-5/5 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/3/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.