Sorry this is late this week, guys: Had a family emergency so was not able to get the meal plan out at its usual time.
It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/26/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
ALDI Clearance, ALDI Finds, ALDI FAQ
So… what great things have you found on clearance at your local ALDI lately? I’m so happy with my pretty new teapot (and, check out my mini review).
And here are some of my favorite ALDI Finds this week! Much ado, of course, about Memorial Day — pretzel buns are back, but you’ll find so much more in store.
Lastly, whether you’re new to ALDI or have been shopping there for a while, here are the answers to all of your burning frequently asked ALDI questions! Let me know if there is anything else you would like to see covered here.
But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 5/26/19 – 6/1/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 5/26/19
- Sunday: Ground beef gyros served on pita bread & topped with a little spring mix + crumbled feta + onion, served with sliced tomatoes & cucumber along with lemon rice on the side.
- Monday: Grill up eight of the brats. Serve these on buns with chopped tomato & onion & condiments of choice, plus have the churros, as well as the baby carrots w/ guiltless French onion dip.
- Tuesday: Creamy spinach & sausage pasta. (Substitute 2-4 brats for the smoked sausage, depending on how meaty you want this, and increase cooking time as necessary to ensure they cook through; substitute shredded cheddar for jack.) Make garlic toast with the 2nd pack of hot dog buns. Note: The recipe calls for a 14 oz can of tomatoes w/ green chilies; ALDI only carries 10 oz cans. If you’d like to add more canned diced tomato from your pantry to taste, go for it!
- Wednesday: Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet (use 1.5 lbs chicken), plus reserve a cup of blueberries for tomorrow but mix the rest with sliced strawberries.
- Thursday: Simple summer salad with chicken & blueberries (substitute sunflower kernels for pepitas). Also, cut half the head of cauliflower into florets, steam those, and melt on some shredded cheddar to taste.
- Friday: Curried chicken skillet with cauliflower & rice, plus spring mix salad topped with sunflower kernels and feta.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 5/25/19
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms whole milk plain Greek yogurt, $3.69
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms Preferred block feta, $2.99
Southern Grove sunflower kernels, $1.59
L’Oven Fresh white or whole wheat pita bread, $1.49
2 packs L’Oven Fresh hot dog buns, $1.70
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
2 boxes Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.78
Clancy’s churros, $.99
12 oz Reggano pasta of choice, $.99
Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
1.5 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $4.34
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.56
Party pack brats, $4.99
Pint blueberries, $1.69
16 oz strawberries, $1.29
2 lbs lemons, $3.29
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
Bunch green onions, $.79
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix, $3.99
8 oz mushrooms, $1.29
1 cucumber, $.39
1 head of cauliflower, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
4 Roma tomatoes, $.60
2 avocados, $2.18
That comes to $60.50.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/19-5/25 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/22-5/28 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/22/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/26/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.