This week’s ALDI meal plan takes us through Memorial Day 2020!
- Per request, I’m posting this week’s meal plan & going by the weekly ad as per usual.
- Stores may not have advertised items in stock, and inventory levels will vary by store, region, and demand.
- Use this week’s plan as a starting point; modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, and what you have on hand in your pantry.
If nothing else, I hope you can use these weekly meal plans to help restore some rhythm to these strange times. 🙂
Free ALDI Meal Plan week of 5/24/20
With all of that in mind, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/24/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Find this week’s meal plan below; just a couple of updates first.
Memorial Day ALDI Finds!
Pools, plants, pet treats, and these pretty colorful mats — so much to Find at ALDI this week! Check out my rundown of this week’s ALDI Finds here.
One of my own favorite Finds this week is the Crane bean bag toss — perfect for those of us spending a lot more time in our own yards this year.
And did you know — I supplement my ALDI buys with monthly Amazon subscribe & save orders to fill out my grocery and household needs? Every Thursday, I update a post with over 100 cheap Amazon subscribe & save filler items… if you want to check that out. 🙂
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/24/20 – 5/30/20
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/24/20
- Skillet chicken drumsticks with corn, zucchini, and tomatoes
- Mixed strawberries & blueberries
- Have a family Memorial Day BBQ! Grill or pan fry up cheddar brats, with
- Corn on the cob (boil up all five remaining ears)
- Watermelon (cut up half of it)
- Half the tortilla chips
- Keema inspired ground beef quesadillas
- The other half of the watermelon
- Basic easy chili, topped with shredded cheddar & chopped green onion
- The other half of the tortilla chips
- Smoked sausage, zucchini, & spinach pasta (use 8 oz regular spinach instead of baby)
- Warm up the take & bake baguette
- Side salad topped with chopped green onion, chopped tomato, and a little thinly sliced onion
- Sheet pan cheddar Parmesan pork chops & green beans (reduce the cooking time if chops aren’t super thick; test with a meat thermometer for doneness)
- On the side, cook up the rest of the bag of peas in a small saucepan with a little butter, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste until heated through over medium heat, stirring occasionally
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/23/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms block mozzarella, $1.65
8 oz Happy Farms block sharp cheddar, $1.65
16 oz Season’s Choice peas, $.95
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.49
L’Oven Fresh hot dog buns, $.85
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
12 oz Reggano tri-colored rotini, $.99
El Milagro 12 ct medium flour tortillas, $.98
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
6 oz can Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.35
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
2 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.58
Parkview cheddar brats, $2.35
Parkview 14 oz Polska kielbasa, $2.35
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $6.99
2 lbs boneless center cut pork chops, $6.98
2 corn on the cob 4 packs, $3.38
1 lb strawberries, $1.19
Pint blueberries, $2.39
Bunch green onions, $.69
2 Roma tomatoes, $.60
1 lb green beans, $1.69
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
Bag Italian salad mix, $1.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
1.5 lbs zucchini, $1.12
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.18
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/17-5/23 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/20-5/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/24/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.