Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/23/21! This week, we’re cooking up everything from a vibrant skillet chicken with mango-tomato salsa to a simple shrimp taco salad — and so much more.
Such a delicious variety of recipes I have for you this week — And, every week provides another chance to save time & money with meal planning, have dinner time covered, and try something new with your family. Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 5/23/21 – 5/29/21
Use these meal plans to help reclaim some of your precious time, and avoid the perennial question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Organic Herbs, Pretzel Buns, and more ALDI Finds
Organic herbs for your garden, pretzel buns and other BBQ foods, cinnamon churros & fruity salsas… Check out my top 25+ ALDI Finds of the week, and let me know what you’re planning on picking up.
Found anything good on clearance at your local ALDI lately? Always keep an eye out for these red clearance stickers!
And speaking of trying new recipes, I reviewed a new olive oil this week and made a deliciously easy steak salad recipe. Try it out with ALDI sirloin!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 5/23/21 – 5/29/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/23/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices.
- *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 5/23/21
- Bacon-wrapped chicken (use about 10 oz of the bacon instead of 12 oz; reserve the rest for tomorrow)
- Make side salad with some of the spring mix, topped with chopped green onion, chopped bell pepper, & one chopped vine-ripe tomato
- Jalapeño popper grilled cheese (use the rest of the pack of bacon)
- Slice up the pineapple
- Chicken with chunky mango-tomato salsa, topped with chopped cilantro
- Make garlic toast with the rest of the sourdough
- Easy veggie fajitas, served in tortillas with shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, chopped vine-ripe tomato instead of Roma, & just one chopped avocado (to keep under budget — if you have wiggle room in yours, grab another 🙂 )
- Tortilla chips
- Simple tomato cucumber salad (use yellow onion)
- Shrimp taco salad (use spring mix instead of garden salad, broken up tortilla chips instead of strips)
- Slice up the other 2 mangoes
- Slow cooker garlic-lime chicken thighs
- Heat up the honey baked beans on the side
- Slice up any remaining tomatoes, and top lightly with sea salt
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 5/22/21
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.19
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
Specially Selected square sourdough loaf, $3.19
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.95
28 oz can Dakota’s Pride honey baked beans, $1.39
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
16 oz Appleton Farms sliced bacon, $3.99
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.56
12 oz Fremont Fish Market medium raw shrimp (frozen), $4.99
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $3.87
16 oz organic spring mix salad, $4.19
Whole pineapple, $1.59
3 red mangoes, $1.47
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads garlic, $1.29
Bunch green onions, $.79
Bunch cilantro, $.79
8 oz jalapeños, $.69
16 oz limes, $2.49
1 cucumber, $.59
2 packs 24 oz vine-ripe tomatoes, $2.98
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.89
2 avocados, $1.98
That comes to: $60.90
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/16-5/22 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/19-5/25 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/23/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.