It’s another mid- May 2018 ALDI meal plan! Behold: The easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 5/20/18. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Last couple of weeks to use the great ALDI Instacart code!
It’s your last couple of weeks to use this fantastic code to try out ALDI on Instacart — $20 off your first order of $35, plus free delivery, is still valid until end-May!
- *** See what I thought, what to look out for, the $20 off $35 code, and a couple of tips in my ALDI Instacart review.
(And I have to admit, it was kind of handy to have groceries delivered to my door…)
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and just scroll down to find an easy printable shopping list.
ALDI meal planning week of 5/20/18 – 5/26/18
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 5/20/18
- Sunday: Slow cooker chicken chickpea stew. Serve over cooked rice (in water rather than chicken broth), with strawberries on the side.
- Monday: Leftover stew and tomato, broccoli, & cucumber salad (use vine-ripe tomatoes & the vinaigrette), plus half a ciabatta roll (reserve four rolls for Thurs).
- Tuesday: Skillet Cajun chicken with red beans & rice (substitute kidney beans & the orange bell pepper; adjust cayenne in the spice mix to your own tolerance for spice — if you don’t have an oven-safe skillet with a lid, try a Dutch oven). Serve with sliced mangoes.
- Wednesday: Bacon cheddar beef burgers. Grill or pan-fry this week’s special buy patties, then serve on buns & top with tomatoes, mozzarella, & lettuce. Make a side salad with the rest of the lettuce.
- Thursday: Muffuletta inspired roasted veggie sandwiches, sliced apples, and kettle chips.
- Friday: Apples & honey baked BBQ ribs with cheesy zucchini rice and cantaloupe on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 5/19/18
Dairy & refrigerated
11 oz Happy Farms sliced mozzarella, $1.99
8 oz block sharp cheddar cheese, $1.99
Specially Selected ciabatta rolls, $2.89
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Tuscan Garden Spanish Manzanilla olives with pimiento, $1.19
Specially Selected house vinaigrette, $1.89
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
Clancy’s kettle chips, $1.89
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
2 15 oz cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $1.38
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
14.5 oz can Fit & Active Italian diced tomatoes with onion, garlic, & olive oil, $.45
Stonemill 8 oz minced garlic in water, $1.79
4 lbs pork spare ribs, $7.56
5 lbs chicken thighs, $3.95
1.33 lb bacon cheddar beef patties, $5.29
2 mangoes, $.98
3 lbs Granny Smith apples, $2.99
Green leaf lettuce, $1.49
2 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $2.98
One cucumber, $.59
16 oz broccoli, $1.19
16 oz strawberries, $2.09
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
20 oz zucchini, $.79
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.49
24 oz tomatoes on the vine, $1.69
That comes to $60.40.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/13-5/19 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/16-5/22 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 5/16/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 5/20/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.