Welcome back to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/10/22! This week we’re cooking up everything from taco tater tot casserole to lemon garlic chicken thighs — and so much more.
This week’s meal plan takes us right up to the day before Easter, so you can save your energy for holiday planning. As always: We’re doing six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door. Use these recipes to help take the stress out of dinnertime decisions this week, and save time and money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan, too.
This menu plan can also be used as a starting point: Modify as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 4/10/22 – 4/16/22
Come cook along with us, and you may no longer dread the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
But first, what’s new this week?
Keto rolls, Easter Cheese, and Amazon Fun
ALDI Finds for the week of 4/6/22 include Easter shaped pasta & cheese, keto dinner rolls, chicken alfredo pizza, and so much more. Check out all of my favorite Finds of the week here, and let me know what you’re planning to pick up.
And over on the Amazon:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds ranged from squirrel fingers to Star Trek communicators, and more!
- This HUGE list of subscribe & save filler items is updated each Thursday.
But now that we’re caught up with all of that, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/10/22.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 4/10/22 – 4/16/22
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $65 out the door.
- Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format.
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; a list is included in the printable shopping list below.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $65
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 4/10/22
- Taco Style Tater Tot Casserole, topped with a little Greek yogurt (in lieu of sour cream)
- Half of the grapes
- Reserve the rest of the jar of salsa for Tuesday
- Salsa vegetable soup with beans (use chicken broth)
- Toasted bagels with the rest of the cream cheese
- Broiled pork chops & zucchini with Greek yogurt sauce
- Cups of leftover soup from Tuesday
- Fish & asparagus packets (use tilapia, cut into four or five equal pieces)
- The rest of the grapes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 4/9/22
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms whole milk plain Greek yogurt, $3.49
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.39
8 oz Happy Farms cheddar cheese block, $1.89
Priano shredded Parmesan, $2.19
Season’s Choice crispy potato circles, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh bagels, $1.49
24 oz jar Casa Mamita medium salsa, $1.55
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Simply Nature organic linguine 16 oz, $1.99
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.18
Can Simply Nature organic pinto beans, $1.09
2 cans Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.98
Can Happy Harvest cut green beans, $.49
Casa Mamita taco seasoning mix packet, $.44
5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $6.95
16 oz 85% lean ground beef chub (frozen), $4.29
1.5 lbs boneless center cut pork chops, $5.99
1 lb tilapia, $5.49
2 lbs lemons, $2.49
2.5 lbs green grapes, $3.23
2 lbs asparagus, $4.58
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.59
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.69
1 cucumber, $.59
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.49
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.69
20 oz zucchini, $2.11
That comes to: $65.62
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/3-4/9 in Sunday ad markets, and 4/6-4/12 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, and non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/10/22.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.