Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/28/21! We’re making everything from a deliciously cheesy sausage, cauliflower, & broccoli casserole to an easy pasta Florentine with salmon this week — and so much more.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying it as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 3/28/21 – 4/3/21
Use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks, and to help reclaim some of your precious time!
But first, what’s new this week?
Spring macarons, and let’s wrap things in cheese!
Spring macarons, cheery spring door mats, Bee Well Rose, hanging plants, mini waffle makers… Check out these and 25+ more top ALDI Finds of the week! Here are my weekly picks, but let me know what looks good to you from the special buys in the current ad.
And, you know how ALDI has been carrying Crystal Farms Cheese Wraps for the low carb folks? There’s a new flavor in town — check it out, and try my easy “cheese steak” wraps.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 3/28/21 – 4/3/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/28/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 3/28/21
- Roasted broccoli, cauliflower, & chicken sausage casserole
- Oven roasted Brussels sprouts (put these in after taking out the broccoli & cauliflower; top with shredded Parmesan to taste after flipping)
- Black bean, tomato, & spinach frittata
- Slice up the cantaloupe
- Ground beef & broccoli stir fry
- Cook up a double batch of rice today; use the second half in Thursday’s recipe
- Vegetables lo mein (use both bags frozen veggies; increase soy sauce to taste, and jazz up with a little crushed red pepper or sriracha if desired)
- Easy chipotle turkey chili (use all 19.2 oz ground turkey), topped with shredded cheddar and chopped green onion
- Sourdough toast
- Korean style ground beef & spinach rice bowls (use 4 oz spinach)
- Cara Cara oranges
- Pasta Florentine with salmon
- Make garlic bread with remaining sourdough
- Any remaining oranges
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 3/27/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.01
Friendly Farms 16 oz sour cream, $1.49
16 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $3.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Season’s Choice steamable frozen Asian medley, $1.50
Season’s Choice steamable frozen broccoli stir fry, $1.50
Specially Selected sourdough square, $3.09
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $2.09
16 oz Simply Nature organic spaghetti (or whole wheat spaghetti), $1.09
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.18
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.59
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $1.09
12 oz Never Any! chicken apple sausage, $3.09
2 lbs 80% lean ground beef, $5.78
19.2 oz Kirkwood ground turkey, $3.89
16 oz Fremont Fish Market frozen wild caught pink salmon, $4.09
16 oz Brussels sprouts, $1.99
3 lbs Cara Cara oranges, $2.49
Head of cauliflower, $2.49
1.25 lbs broccoli crowns, $1.86
2 bags 8 oz spinach, $2.98
Bunch green onions, $.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $1.19
2 pints grape tomatoes, $3.78
That comes to: $60.79
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/21-3/27 in Sunday ad markets, and 3/24-3/30 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/28/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.