It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 3/24/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
One reason why I meal plan…
In case you have ever wondered, here’s one of the reasons why I started this whole ALDI meal planning thing, and why I’m sticking with it:
In other ALDI news this week, check out the cutest kids’ rain gear, German week, and more ALDI Finds! But now, let’s get back to the ALDI menu plan you’ve all been waiting for…
ALDI meal planning week of 3/24/19 – 3/30/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 3/24/19
- Sunday: Simple roast chicken & vegetables. On the side, mix some spring mix salad with some chopped kale, and top it with sliced almonds + chopped carrots.
- Monday: Vegetarian lemon chickpea wraps. On the side, blackberries and spring mix salad — top this with sliced almonds and a little leftover shredded chicken, if you have some left from Sunday.
- Tuesday: Easy spice rubbed fish tacos (use thawed cod, & substitute juice of 1/4-1/2 of a lemon for lime). Serve on corn tortillas & top the tacos with shredded mozzarella, the rest of your open pint of grape tomatoes (sliced in half), and chopped avocado. Have pineapple slices and additional lemon wedges (if desired) on the side.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan lemon garlic chicken with potatoes & carrots, along with Parmesan roasted broccoli. Use shredded Parmesan on that; put the pan of broccoli in the oven at the same time you add the chicken to the sheet pan of potatoes & carrots, and things should come out about the same time.
- Thursday: Caprese chicken + kale skillet and oven roasted red potatoes, plus spring mix salad topped with sliced almonds and any mozzarella you have left. To make the roasted red potatoes: Dice about 1.5 lbs of potatoes & toss them with some olive oil, sea salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and any other seasonings you prefer, then roast on a sheet pan at 425 degrees — start them about 15 minute before you put the chicken/kale skillet in the oven.
- Friday: Almond Parmesan crusted low carb cod with garlicky spinach (substitute lemon juice for lime), cantaloupe slices.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 3/23/19
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz brick Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh spinach herb wraps, $2.29
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.35
2 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $1.38
6 oz Southern Grove sliced almonds, $2.89
4 lb whole chicken, $3.80
3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.92
32 oz Fremont Fish Market value pack Alaskan cod fillets (frozen), $9.89
2 lbs lemons, $1.79
6 oz blackberries, $1.29
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix salad, $3.99
14 oz SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $3.19
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
8 oz mushrooms, $1.59
1 lb broccoli crowns, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs red potatoes, $2.99
2 pints grape tomatoes, $3.98
3 avocados, $2.07
That comes to $60.62.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 3/17-3/23 in Sunday ad markets, and 3/20-3/26 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 3/20/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 3/24/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.