It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/9/20: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first:
Oh, bring us a figgy cheese crisp…
Check out all of my favorite Finds from this week’s ALDI ad, ranging from Crane adjustable dumbbells to shrimp & crab ravioli to… whole lobsters? They also have Southern Grove California Mission figs as a special buy right now, leading us to our next Finds Fun:
Two (or three) ingredient Figgy Parmesan Cheese Crisps! Ohmygosh you guys, these are so good — and they’re even better chilled the next day; I’m eating a few for breakfast right now.
One of the things you all asked for in my recent blog-iversary giveaways was more recipes and reviews of ALDI Finds, as well as more non-entree recipes. So, let’s start checking off both of those boxes with these appetizer-snack-or-even-breakfast cheese crisps, then move right on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 2/9/20 – 2/15/20
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI Meal Plan — Start cooking 2/9/20
- Sunday: Lazy Sunday pork & vegetable stew (use chopped baby carrots). Hard boil up four eggs when you start the stew so that they’re cooled by dinner time. With the stew, make a big chopped side salad with half of the cheddar (cut into cubes), four hard boiled eggs, 2 hearts of romaine, chopped celery, several chopped baby carrots, and chopped green onion.
- Monday: Chicken drumsticks Southwest skillet and cups of leftover Sunday stew.
- Tuesday: Paprika pork chop sandwiches, mixed strawberries & blueberries, and easy roasted red potatoes (throw some Parmesan on there for the last 10 minutes to kick them up a notch, and broil the bread for the sandwiches right when these are done, noting that it might take a little less time with your already-hot oven).
- Wednesday: Slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks and roasted vegetables — Use whatever color sweet bell pepper you have left, and throw on a little shredded Parmesan when you stir in the tomatoes, if desired. Reserve some tomatoes for Thursday’s salad.
- Thursday: Tortellini cannellini creamy tomato-beany soup (use regular spinach, and 3 cups veggie broth + two cups water). Top with Parmesan. On the side, make a salad with the last heart of romaine + 3 oz spinach + shaved zucchini (shave off thin slices with a veggie peeler) + any remaining grape tomatoes + shredded Parmesan.
- Friday: Smoked salmon scramble, sourdough toast, mangoes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells big take-and-bake deli pizzas), eat out, or date night.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 2/8/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.28
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz Friendly Farms block cheddar, $1.65
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
9 oz Priano three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Specially Selected sliced sourdough square loaf, $2.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard beef broth, $1.29
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
2 cans Happy Harvest corn, $.98
Can Happy Harvest green beans, $.48
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
Can Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.49
5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.45
3 lbs thick cut boneless pork chops, $8.97
3 oz Specially Selected cold smoked salmon, $3.99
Pint blueberries, $1.49
16 oz strawberries, $1.89
2 mangoes, $1.58
Bunch green onions, $.69
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
8 oz mushrooms, $1.89
3 hearts of romaine, $2.29
8 oz spinach, $1.39
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs red potatoes, $2.99
16 oz zucchini, $1.45
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to: $60.89.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/2-2/8 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/5-2/11 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/9/20.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general), also come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.