Hey! Let’s squeak some Big Game football food into this week’s meal plan — who else is wondering how the commercials will differ this year? Then, enjoy everything from sheet pan sausage, peppers, & pierogies to slow cooker chipotle chicken chili this week.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 2/7/21 – 2/13/21
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Fantastic Finds — and Sesame Oil!
Sesame oil is a limited time special buy at ALDI — and, a big 16.9 oz bottle of toasted sesame oil is back in this week’s ad for just $5.99! Read on for my review of Carlini toasted sesame oil.
Then, let’s move on to cheap lentils, yummy pierogies, and… a treadmill? Check out the top 20 ALDI Finds of the week here.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 2/7/21 – 2/13/21
Without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/7/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 2/7/21
- Enjoy the Big Game with… Perfect Instant Pot ribs (No Instant Pot? Do the ribs in the oven wrapped in foil at 250 degrees for about 3.5 hours or until tender, then finish under the broiler per original recipe)
- Note: There are 3 lbs ribs in the shopping list, to help stay under the $60 budget. If you have wiggle room or already have some ingredients, though, you can up that to 4-5 lbs. 😉
- Baked Parmesan zucchini rounds (use shredded Parm)
- Half the bag of tortilla chips
- Sheet pan sausage, peppers, & pierogies (use white onion, and top with just a bit of Parmesan when flipping the pierogies at the 20 minute mark, if desired)
- Chipotle lentil tacos (use chicken broth), topped with shredded cheddar & avocado
- Simple tomato cucumber salad (use white onion)
- Slow cooker chipotle chicken chili (use white onion), topped with shredded cheddar
- The rest of the tortilla chips
- Olive Garden dressing sheet pan chicken dinner
- Cups of leftover chili
- Slow cooker lentil & smoked sausage soup (substitute a handful of baby carrots for regular, & white onion for yellow)
- Mix the last of the spinach with the garden salad for side salad, dressed with Italian dressing, chopped baby carrots & celery, & 2 chopped tomatoes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 2/6/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.89
2 boxes Bremer pierogies, $3.98
Burman’s original BBQ sauce, $.95
Tuscan Garden restaurant style Italian dressing, $1.69
Clancy’s white round tortilla chips, $1.35
Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.50
Can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.98
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
16 oz Dakota’s Pride dried green lentils, $.95
2 boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.58
3 lbs St. Louis pork spare ribs, $7.47
2 Parkview Polska kielbasa, $4.78
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.87
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 lbs white onions, $1.69
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.78
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.35
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $1.39
16 oz green beans, $1.89
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
1 cucumber, $.59
2 avocados, $.98
1.5 lbs zucchini, $2.24
6 Roma tomatoes, $1.25
That comes to: $60.71
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/31-2/6 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/3-2/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/7/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.