I’m glad February is the shortest month, since here in Chicago this month we’ve just had ongoing snow, cold, snow, cold, and… more snow and cold. Looking forward to moving on, but meanwhile: Let’s warm up temporarily with this week’s ALDI meal plan. Enjoy everything from garlic soy pork with edamame rice, to a sausage, peppers, & onions (plus artichoke) naan pizza — and so much more!
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 2/14/21 – 2/20/21
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
*** Subscribe to the weekly ALDI meal plans here ***
But first, what’s new this week?
Tandoori BBQ potato chips, Pot Stickers, and more ALDI Finds
This week, you can pick up everything from giant lasagna to affordable edamame, from Valentine’s Day bouquets to coffee candles! Check out the top 25 ALDI Finds of the week here.
Oh, and I highly recommend one of this week’s Finds: Journey to India tandoori BBQ flavored potato chips. Although the bag design has changed somewhat from when I first reviewed these back in 2019, the flavor has not. They’re so very good, and they even got… cheaper? That’s rare! $1.69 a bag in this week’s ad; $1.79 back in 2019.
Also back this week, Fusia pot stickers in the frozen section — $3.99 a bag! Try making this shortcut “wonton soup” with spinach, an easy & delicious all-ALDI recipe. This one didn’t quite fit into the $60 budget this week, but if you want to splurge a little, swap it out for the egg drop soup on Thursday for a heartier dinner.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 2/14/21 – 2/20/21
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/14/21. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 2/14/21
- Smoked salmon, avocado, & ricotta frittata
- Sourdough toast
- Easy cheesy vegetarian pasta skillet
- Make garlic bread with the rest of the sourdough
- Garlic soy pork with edamame rice
- Cook up all 2 lbs of pork, then save 1-1.5 cups cooked pork for Thursday.
- Sausage, peppers, & onions (plus artichoke) naan pizza
- Also: Cook up a pot of rice tonight, and refrigerate it for tomorrow’s recipe
- Easy leftover pork fried rice (use edamame instead of peas & a few baby carrots instead of one regular)
- Egg drop soup
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 2/13/21
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $.94
Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $1.89
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mozzarella, $3.99
16 oz shelled edamame, $1.89
Specially Selected square sourdough loaf, $3.09
Specially Selected naan, $3.99
Tuscan Garden 12 oz quartered marinated artichoke hearts, $2.65
12 oz box Reggano farfalle (bowtie pasta), $.99
24 oz Reggano marinara, $1.49
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.19
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.99
3 oz Specially Selected cold smoked salmon, $3.99
2 lbs boneless center cut pork chops, $6.98
Parkview Polksa kielbasa, $2.35
2 lbs chicken drumsticks, $1.58
16 oz strawberries, $1.49
3 lbs mandarins, $2.89
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $3.78
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.35
16 oz baby carrots, $.89
1.5 lbs broccoli, $2.24
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
3 heads of garlic, $1.29
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
1 avocado, $.79
That comes to: $60.09
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, you can open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/7-2/13 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/10-2/16 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/14/21.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.