It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/10/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
This week, stock your pantry with sesame oil
Since we have a little wiggle room in today’s meal plan grocery budget (it’s a miracle!), I’m including a bottle of special buy Carlini toasted sesame oil in this week’s ALDI shopping list and among my favorite ALDI sales this week. This is a larger 16.9 oz bottle that should last you ages, because a little sesame oil goes such a long way. But, sesame oil adds amazing flavor to so many recipes, and it’s a staple we should all have in our pantries.
You’ll see (optional) sesame oil used in a couple of this week’s recipes, so pick up a bottle and use it to make your recipes pop — both this week and in weeks to come!
ALDI meal planning week of 2/10/19 – 2/16/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 2/10/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks (use 2.5 lbs), served with mixed strawberries & blueberries as well as creamy Parmesan rice (use shredded Parmesan & the rest of your box of broth from the chicken + a little water; substitute chopped green onion for the fresh parsley).
- Monday: Sticky balsamic chicken drumsticks with honey & sriracha (use 2 lbs; substitute a little gochujang or chili garlic sauce if you don’t have Sriracha), plus half of the grapes and a spring mix salad topped with chopped carrots, celery, & yellow bell pepper.
- Tuesday: Sausage, peppers, and onions frittata with toasted English muffins, plus spring mix salad topped with Parmesan and a chopped tomato.
- Wednesday: Garlic soy pork with edamame rice, the rest of your grapes.
- Thursday: Slow cooker very vegetable soup topped with Parmesan (omit potatoes, but use two cans of beans — use diced tomatoes if your ALDI, like mine, doesn’t have whole today…), along with spring mix salad topped with chopped orange bell pepper. Tonight, also cook up the rice for tomorrow night’s dinner and store in fridge overnight.
- Friday: Easy shrimp fried rice (substitute edamame for peas) with egg drop soup.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 2/9/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.78
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
4 oz Happy Farms Preferred garlic & herb goat cheese, $1.99
16 oz Season’s Choice shelled edamame, $1.89
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $.99
Fusia soy sauce, $1.29
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.79
Two boxes 32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $2.58
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
Can Happy Farms green beans, $.49
Can Happy Farms corn, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $1.38
Two 14.5 oz cans Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $1.38
Carlini toasted sesame oil 16.9 oz, $5.99
12 oz Fremont Fish Market medium raw peeled shrimp (frozen), $5.49
4.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.11
1.5 lbs thick cut boneless pork chops, $4.49
12 oz Never Any chicken apple sausage, $2.99
16 oz strawberries, $1.39
Pint blueberries, $1.69
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
2 lbs carrots, $.99
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix salad, $3.99
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
1 Roma tomato, $.20
That comes to $60.88.
Or, maybe less… These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 2/3-2/9 in Sunday ad markets, and 2/6-2/12 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 2/6/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 2/10/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.