It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/8/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first…
So much chocolate… plus Moscow mule mugs, Christmas cacti, and more
Here are a few of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week, from Moscow mule mugs, to Christmas cacti, to Star Wars sleep sets, to big 10.5 quart air fryer ovens!
And speaking of ALDI Finds… how about these Choceur Belgian chocolates gift card holders? Talk about the best of both worlds… 🙂
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 12/8/19 – 12/14/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/8/19
- Sunday: Paprika roasted chicken & potatoes and garlic Parmesan roasted broccoli. Put broccoli in the oven about 20 minutes before chicken is done, and reserve a cup of cooked chopped chicken for Tues.
- Monday: Creamy tomato hummus soup, oranges, and Parmesan potato wedges (use about 1.5 lbs red potatoes and 1.5 times the seasonings; cut them into smaller wedges since you’re not using little potatoes).
- Tuesday: Baked chicken avocado taquitos, honeycrisp apple slices, tortilla chips (save some for Friday), and the best black beans.
- Wednesday: Italian chicken thighs with zucchini + red potatoes, honeycrisp apple slices.
- Thursday: Fajita-inspired sheet pan chicken thighs + peppers, garnished with cilantro if desired, with pineapple slices on the side.
- Friday: Shrimp taco salad (substitute chopped cilantro for green onion, and use broken up tortilla chips instead of the seasonal tortilla strips). Oranges on the side.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/7/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
10 oz Park Street Deli roasted red pepper hummus, $2.49
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.69
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.49
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.69
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
2 cans Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $1.50
Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.65
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
6 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $4.74
12 oz Fremont Fish Market medium raw peeled shrimp, $5.99
4 lb navel oranges, $1.99
2 lbs honeycrisp apples, $2.29
1 lb limes, $2.49
Bunch cilantro, $.79
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
12 oz garden salad, $1.19
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.19
3 heads garlic, $1.29
20 oz zucchini, $2.11
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
5 lb bag red potatoes, $3.49
2 avocados, $1.98
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
That comes to $59.45.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/1-12/7 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/4-12/10 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/8/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.