Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/3/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 12/3/17 – 12/9/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/3/17
- Sunday: Crock-Pot spare ribs. (I’d suggest also removing from the slow cooker, brushing with sauce, and oven broiling for a few minutes to caramelize at the end, but that’s up to you.) Serve with a salad (tear up half your romaine and chop up half of a bell pepper to top), cheddar chive rice (which actually uses green onions, so the name misleads), and sliced apples.
- Monday: Easy broccoli mushroom frittata. Top with chopped green onions and serve with sliced mangoes and toasted English muffins.
- Tuesday: Steak fajitas. Serve on tortillas topped with avocado, diced tomato, and shredded cheddar, along with a side of garlic cilantro lime rice.
- Wednesday: Simple skillet chicken drumsticks (make 3 lbs, upping seasonings to 1.5 tsp each rather than 1 tsp, and dice up a cup of the cooked chicken for tomorrow’s recipe). Serve with Mexican rice and sliced pineapple.
- Thursday: Upside-down mini biscuit pot pies. Serve with apple slices as well as a chopped salad made with the other half of your romaine, the last half a bell pepper, a chopped carrot, a little green onion, one hard boiled egg, and any tomatoes and broccoli you have left.
- Friday: Oven fried drumsticks with simple peas and onions (just use the rest of your bag of peas; you can slightly reduce the onion, butter, and broth to match if desired) plus roasted carrot fries (after you remove chicken from oven, increase temp and bake the carrot fries while chicken is resting and you’re setting the table).
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/2/17
Dairy & refrigerated
12 oz Happy Farms sharp shredded cheddar, $2.69
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.59
Half gallon Friendly Farms whole milk, $1.35
Bake House Creations jumbo buttermilk biscuits, $.99
Season’s Choice green peas, $.95
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
2 boxes SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $2.98
1 can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $.99
Specially Selected vinaigrette, $1.89
Progresso bread crumbs, $1.49
4 lbs St. Louis pork spare ribs, $7.98
6 lbs chicken drumsticks, $4.74
1.25 lbs thin top round steak, $6.86
1 lb limes, $1.29
3 heads garlic, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.69
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
2 packs 8 oz mushrooms, $1.58
2 avocados, $1.78
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $.99
2 lb honeycrisp apples, $1.99
2 mangoes, $.98
3 hearts of romaine, $1.69
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
2 lbs carrots, $.99
Green onions, $.69
That comes to $60.46.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/26-12/2 in Sunday ad markets and 11/29-12/5 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 11/29/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/3/17.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!