It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/23/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
ALDI is now on Ibotta!
Wait, what? ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app!
This is brand new and there is not a lot of non-name brand stuff in there at the moment — but I do currently see on mine: $.25 back on any grocery receipt, $.50 back on pears, $.25 back on walnuts, $.25 back on organic milk, $.25 back on salad dressing, $.25 back on beer… and every little bit counts, right?! Grab the Ibotta app here.
ALDI meal planning week of 12/23/18 – 12/29/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/23/18
- Sunday: Italian sausage, pepper, & potato packets (substitute russet potatoes; just cut into small pieces). On the side, grapes and pineapple.
- Monday: Butternut squash + kale browned butter pasta, baguette, grapes.
- Tuesday: Have a lovely holiday meal! Crock-Pot ham, along with baked potatoes, crescent rolls, and oven roasted asparagus (about 10 minutes at 400 depending on thickness, just toss with a little olive oil, sea salt, & pepper to taste & reserve 8 oz uncooked asparagus for Friday). Remember to make broth with the ham bone in your slow cooker overnight for tomorrow’s recipe, too (directions in that soup recipe).
- Wednesday: Leftover ham soup (use russets & top with Parmesan). On the side, garden salad topped with chopped bell pepper, celery, and Parmesan.
- Thursday: Roasted potato burrito bowls. Use yellow onion, drained canned corn, & regular spinach, serve with sour cream and shredded cheddar, and top each with a sunny side up egg for extra protein and to be more filling. On the side: Simple tomato cucumber salad (substitute yellow onion for red).
- Friday: Leftover ham + asparagus quiche, plus roasted butternut squash. (Use 1.5 squash to = about 3 lbs, and pop into the oven a few minutes after starting the quiche.)
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/22/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen cage free eggs, $2.29
Friendly Farms sour cream, $.89
Two cans Bake House Creations crescents, $1.78
Bake House Creations pie crust, $1.39
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz Happy Farms brick sharp cheddar, $1.99
Bake Shop French baguette, $1.69
12 oz Reggano bowtie (farfalle) pasta, $.79
Three 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (and/or diced with basil, garlic, & oregano), $2.07
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $1.38
1 can SimplyNature organic black beans, $.89
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
19 oz Italian sausage, $2.89
8 lb Appleton Farms spiral sliced ham, $7.60
2 lbs red grapes, $2.58
12 oz bag SimplyNature organic chopped kale, $3.19
Bag garden salad, $.89
8 oz bag spinach, $.99
8 oz mushrooms, $1.69
2 lbs asparagus, $4.98
10 lb bag russet potatoes, $1.49
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 butternut squash (about 3 lbs total), $2.37
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.29
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.99
4 Roma tomatoes, $.65
2 avocados, $2.18
That comes to $60.77.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/16-12/22 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/19-12/25 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 12/19/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/23/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys — and what a great holiday gift they would be, right? 😉
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.