Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/17/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- *** Check out my new Amazon shop, which is full of cooking-related gift ideas plus some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning! I’ll be adding to this regularly, so keep checking back to see my current faves and finds.
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags.
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 12/17/17 – 12/23/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/17/17
- Sunday: Slow cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches. Top with pickle chips, and serve with potato chips and pineapple slices.
- Monday: Curried chicken skillet with cauliflower & rice. Serve with garlicky sauteed spinach (saute one bag in a little olive oil with minced garlic cloves, lemon juice, and crushed red pepper to taste) plus two pieces of naan (cut into small pieces and warmed slightly in microwave).
- Tuesday: Sheet pan Mediterranean spinach salad (substitute cucumber for avocado). Serve with lemon wedges and two pieces of naan (cut into small pieces and warmed slightly in microwave).
- Wednesday: Sausage, pepper, and rice skillet (use the long grain rice, and sprinkle lightly with dried parsley at the end instead of fresh). Serve with blackberries and a tomato cucumber salad (cut down to about 1/4 of an onion, though).
- Thursday: Baked tilapia with cream sauce (substitute green onions for the chives; check fish at 15-20 minutes because the ALDI fillets are usually thin). Serve with steamed broccoli w/ olive oil, garlic, & lemon.
- Friday: Veggie burrito bowls (use the rest of your bell peppers and substitute chicken for vegetable broth). Top with the last tomato (chopped), sliced black olives, chopped green onions, and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/16/17
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms plain whole milk Greek yogurt, $3.69
8 oz Happy Farms cheddar, $1.79
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.83
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Great Gherkins dill pickle chips, $1.49
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
Casa Mamita organic chipotle salsa, $2.29
Clancy’s potato chips of choice, $1.49
2 boxes SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $2.98
Happy Harvest tomato paste, $.39
One can Dakota’s Pride chickpeas, $.65
Two cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Can Tuscan Garden black olives, $1.19
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.61 — Note: This is on a five day sale 12/13-12/17
14 oz Parkview Polska kielbasa, $1.99
2 lbs Sea Queen frozen tilapia, $5.49
3 lb bag yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $.99
One medium head of cauliflower, $.99
2 lb bag of lemons, $3.29
One bunch green onions, $.69
Two bags 8 oz Little Salad bar spinach, $2.98
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $.99
2 avocados, $1.98
2 cucumbers, $1.18
Three pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.49
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
That comes to $60.36.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/10-12/16 in Sunday ad markets and 12/13-12/19 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 12/13/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/17/17.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!