It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/15/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick Finds fun first…
What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame? Plus my fave Finds this week!
Have you ever wondered: What is the ALDI Aisle of Shame (AOS)? Wonder no more, as I continue answering all of your ALDI-related questions. 🙂
This week’s ALDI Finds from the Aisle of Shame and throughout the store range from cheap avocados to dino nuggets to cat scratching houses. See my own favorite ALDI Finds of the week here.
But now, on to this week’s free ALDI meal plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 12/15/19 – 12/21/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 12/15/19
- Sunday: Slow cooker honey chipotle BBQ chicken sandwiches. Serve on hamburger buns and slice up half of the mozzarella to top. On the side, make a chopped salad with half the bag of spinach + the whole bag of garden salad + four hard-boiled eggs + cucumber + a couple tomatoes.
- Monday: Creamy avocado pasta with chicken, topped with cilantro. On the side, zucchini mozzarella medley (use two Roma tomatoes and the rest of the mozzarella).
- Tuesday: Pork & pepper fajitas. (If your store doesn’t have thin-cut chops, get regular ones — you’re cutting them into strips anyway.) Use the orange and yellow bell peppers, and enjoy on tortillas with chopped tomato, chopped avocado, sour cream, and shredded cheddar. Serve with mandarins and apple slices.
- Wednesday: Easy chipotle taco soup with ground beef. Top with shredded cheddar. Serve with mandarins and apple slices.
- Thursday: Cilantro lime chicken drumsticks and chili roasted sweet potatoes.
- Friday: Black bean, tomato, & spinach frittata and roasted Brussels sprouts (reduce oil and seasonings for your 1 lb of sprouts); start these roasting about half an hour before putting the frittata in the oven.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 12/14/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.49
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
Happy Farms 8 oz block mozzarella, $1.99
Happy Farms 12 oz shredded cheddar, $2.79
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.95
32 oz SimplyNature organic beef broth, $1.49
12 oz Reggano tri-color rotini, $.99
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
8 oz Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
2 cans Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $1.38
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
1.75 lbs chicken drumsticks, $2.26
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $6.76
1 lb boneless center cut pork chops, $3.69
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $3.29
16 oz limes, $2.49
3 lbs mandarins, $2.49
3 lbs Fuji apples, $2.99
Bunch cilantro, $.79
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.49
8 oz bag of spinach, $1.39
Bag of garden salad, $1.19
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.49
1 lb zucchini, $.99
2 lbs sweet potatoes, $1.58
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $3.29
7 Roma tomatoes, $1.40
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
3 avocados, $1.77
That comes to $59.54.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 12/8-12/14 in Sunday ad markets, and 12/11-12/17 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 12/15/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.