Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/5/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags — also check out the grocery cart bag in this week’s ad!
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 11/5/17 – 11/11/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 11/5/17
- Sunday: Apples & honey baked BBQ ribs. On the side, pan steamed broccoli (it’s OK if you have salted instead of unsalted butter) along with a side salad topped with: One sliced green pepper, a couple of sliced hard boiled eggs, and a few baby carrot coins.
- Monday: Smoked salmon scramble with fried potatoes & onions, plus slice up half of the cantaloupe, and raspberries.
- Tuesday: Sweet & savory stuffed acorn squash dinner, the other half of your cantaloupe, and romaine salad with apples & cranberries (substitute raspberry vinaigrette or another dressing of choice if your store, like mine, doesn’t have poppyseed dressing at the moment).
- Wednesday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken drumsticks with carrots & potatoes plus roasted green beans (halve the recipe, and put in oven when you flip the drumsticks halfway through).
- Thursday: Green pepper chili topped with cheddar cheese (substitute yellow onion for red, use a whole pound of ground beef, and use one can each black and kidney beans). Serve with tortilla chips and slice up your last couple of apples.
- Friday: Slow cooker garlic chicken drumsticks with quick & easy sauteed spinach (cut down the garlic salt a little for 8 oz spinach) and steak fries.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 11/4/17
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $1.04
8 oz Happy Farms brick cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz Happy Farms block sharp cheddar cheese, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Countryside Creamery butter quarters, $2.99
Bottle Burman’s BBQ sauce, $.99
Southern Grove dried cranberries, $1.29
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
Can diced tomatoes, $.55
Can tomato paste, $.39
Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.55
Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.55
Specially Selected raspberry vinaigrette (or other dressing of choice), $1.89
Clancy’s tortilla chips, $1.29
4 lbs St. Louis spare ribs, $7.96
3 oz Specially Selected cold smoked salmon, $3.99
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.98
5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.95
3 lbs Gala apples, $3.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $.49
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 medium acorn squash, $1.98
3 heads garlic, $1.19
16 oz baby carrots, $.49
5 lb yellow potatoes, $.99
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
6 oz raspberries, $1.29
3 heads romaine, $1.99
3 pack green peppers, $.99
1 lb green beans, $1.89
8 oz Little Salad Bar spinach, $1.49
That comes to $59.42
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/29-11/4 in Sunday ad markets and 11/1-11/7 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 11/1/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/5/17.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!