Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/19/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
*** Before we get started this week, let’s talk Black Friday for a second!
On a quick non-ALDI note, I also run a “hot deals” Facebook group — where things are heating up considerably as we get closer to Black Friday. Come on and join us over there if you like to save everywhere, not just at ALDI! The more, the merrier. 🙂
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 11/19/17 – 11/25/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
*** Hey, so Thanksgiving is of course making this week a bit unusual. Sides are a little skimpier to make budgetary room for Thanksgiving dinner — which, of course, you may be hosting or celebrating elsewhere, so adapt this meal plan to fit your own holiday plan this week! If you want to add Thanksgiving pie, I’m afraid that’s going to be outside of our $60 budget, though. 😉
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 11/19/17
- Sunday: Korean style ground beef & spinach rice bowls, pineapple slices.
- Monday: Kicked up rainbow vegetable soup with a side of spring mix salad.
- Tuesday: Chicken burrito bowls topped with sour cream, cheddar, and quick mashed avocado with a little lemon juice & sea salt.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan chicken thighs w/ green beans & potatoes (halve this recipe to serve four; substitute russet potatoes). On the side, spring mix salad.
- Thursday: Parsley sage rosemary & thyme turkey breast (see instructions on substituting dried herbs). Serve with slow cooker mashed potatoes, a loaf of totally inauthentic challah, some homemade cranberry sauce, and steam up half of your broccoli.
- Friday: Turkey broccoli cheddar hand pies (substitute leftover turkey for the chicken) and the last of your spring mix salad.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 11/18/17
Dairy & refrigerated
One dozen Goldhen large eggs, $.89
Friendly Farms sour cream, $.89
Countryside Creamery butter quarters, $2.29
2 Bake House Creations crescents, $1.98
Bake House Creations pie crust, $1.39
Happy Farms cream cheese, $.95
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar cheese, $1.79
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
One jar Casa Mamita chipotle lime salsa, $2.29
32 oz box SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.49
32 oz box SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.49
Fusia Sriracha, $1.99
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.55
Specially Selected vinaigrette, $1.89
Six lb bone-in frozen turkey breast, $8.34
2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $1.98
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, $2.19
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.99
1 lb green beans, $.99
10 lb russet potatoes, $1.29
3 lb yellow onions, $.69
3 heads garlic, $1.09
5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.49
Bunch green onions, $.79
12 oz organic baby rainbow carrots, $1.49
8 oz mushrooms, $1.49
Bag of lemons, $3.59
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix, $3.79
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.59
12 oz cranberries, $.89
That comes to $60.81.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/12-11/18 in Sunday ad markets and 11/15-11/21 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 11/15/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/19/17.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!