How about a new ALDI meal plan the morning after an election? Luckily for all of us who spent a somewhat sleepless night, however: The actual cooking doesn’t start until Sunday, and you have through Saturday to shop! 🙂
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 11/8/20 – 11/14/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Holiday baking, Advent calendars, gluten free stuffing, and Halloween clearance
Seasonal corn starch, melting wafers, and more are back on the shelf at ALDI — plus, price drops on other holiday baking items from pie crusts to brown sugar.
Speaking of cooking for the holidays, this week’s ad features gluten free stuffing & French fried onions, plus other holiday meal faves. Also, shop Advent calendars, flannel sheets, stand mixers, and so much more. Check out my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here.
My local ALDI still had a nice stock of 50% off Halloween clearance items (from stickers to candy, pet costumes to cupcakes, cheese balls to fruit squeezies) when I stopped by yesterday. What did you pick up on clearance this year?
ALDI Meal Planning week of 11/8/20 – 11/14/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/8/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 11/8/20
- Baked lemon chicken with asparagus & mushrooms
- Note: You’ll end up with leftover broth — freeze it for another night
- Simple summer salad with chicken & blueberries (use 1 lb chicken & omit green onions)
- Sliced apples on the side
- Caprese chicken + kale skillet (use chicken breast sliced lengthwise, and add 3-5 minutes to the oven cooking time)
- Vegetarian lemon chickpea wraps (use chopped Roma tomato instead of grape)
- Slice up apples on the side & have the rest of the blueberries
- Garlic shrimp with roasted cauliflower, white beans, & tomatoes
- Make a side salad with any remaining spring mix; top with feta, chopped raw cauliflower florets, & pepitas
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 11/7/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Emporium Selection 4 oz feta crumbles, $2.29
8 oz Happy Farms mozzarella cheese block, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
L’Oven Fresh spinach wraps, $2.49
Southern Grove 6 oz pepitas, $2.29
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.99
2 cans Dakota’s Pride garbanzo beans, $.98
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.49
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
17.6 oz oz Priano potato gnocchi, $1.79
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.61
12 oz Fremont Fish Market medium raw peeled shrimp (frozen), $5.69
Pint blueberries, $2.29
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.49
2 lbs lemons, $2.99
1 lb asparagus, $1.89
16 oz Simply Nature organic spring mix, $4.19
12 oz Simply Nature organic chopped kale, $2.99
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.58
Medium head of cauliflower, $2.49
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.89
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
2 Roma tomatoes, $.50
3 avocados, $1.77
That comes to: $60.93
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/1-11/7 in Sunday ad markets, and 11/4-11/10 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/8/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.