This week’s ALDI meal plan somehow takes us all the way up to the Sunday before… Thanksgiving?! My oh my, how our dinner times do fly.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 11/15/20 – 11/21/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
ALDI Thanksgiving & holiday Finds, plus more ways to save
Take a look at all my favorite ALDI Finds this week — there’s always something new! We got this Ninjabread kit a few years ago, and it was fun for the kids. Plus, everything from stollen, to canned pumpkin back on the shelf, to holiday gnomes and more.
Who’s looking forward to their family Thanksgiving dinner already? You can then look for a great price on Butterball whole turkeys at ALDI, just $.87/lb.
- Then, look for $2.00 back on Butterball turkey on Ibotta! I just claimed mine.
- New to Ibotta? Please use my referral code, m4cniq. 🙂
And, seeing as we are coming up on Thanksgiving soon, let me just mention that stores have been running early Black Friday sales all month online in this odd shopping year.
In addition to bringing you these weekly ALDI meal plans, I also run two Facebook groups. Check them out:
- Hot Deals from Mashup Mom — for all those early Black Friday sales and more
- Almost All ALDI — for recipes, food chat, discussion of ALDI Finds, and more
Come join us over in one or both groups; we’d love to have you.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 11/15/20 – 11/21/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/8/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 11/15/20
- Roast chipotle chicken & potatoes
- Reserve two cups shredded cooked chicken for tomorrow’s recipe
- Chop and steam up 3/4 of the broccoli, then melt on shredded cheddar
- Leftover chicken, mushroom, & mozzarella hand pies
- Garlic Parmesan roasted acorn squash — Use shredded Parmesan. Roast at 400 degrees along with the hand pies, but start it ten minutes before. Might need an extra few minutes cooking time, at this slightly lower temp.
- Easy chipotle turkey chili (use the whole pack of turkey)
- Serve this over baked potatoes, topped with chopped green onions and shredded cheddar
- Slice up half of the oranges on the side
- Bowties & beans pasta
- Make a salad with half of the romaine, hard boil three eggs to slice and add onto there, plus finely chopped broccoli florets, and half of the cucumber, chopped
- Smoked salmon scramble
- Side salad made with the other half of the romaine, thinly sliced onion, any remaining green onion, the rest of the cucumber, chopped tomato, and shredded mozzarella
- 30 minute kielbasa tortellini soup
- Heat up, butter, and serve the take-and-bake Italian bread
- Slice up the rest of the oranges
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 11/14/20
With a little extra room in the budget this week, we’re going to re-stock on butter! Check the rest of the pantry items needed for this week’s meal plan in the printable shopping list Word document below.
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.19
Countryside Creamery butter quarters, $2.99
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
8 oz Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.79
8 oz Happy Farms block mozzarella, $1.79
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Bake House Creations pie crust, $1.29
Priano three cheese tortellini 9 oz, $1.99
Specially Selected take-and-bake Italian bread, $1.99
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.99
12 oz Reggano farfalle (bowtie pasta), $.99
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
3 cans Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $1.77
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.48
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Cannellini beans, $.98
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
6 lb whole chicken, $4.74
19.2 oz Kirkwood fresh 93% lean ground turkey, $3.99
Specially Selected cold smoked salmon, $3.99
1 lb broccoli, $1.49
4 lbs navel oranges, $2.49
Bunch green onions, $.75
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.38
2 packs 8 oz Little Salad Bar spinach, $2.78
3 hearts of romaine, $2.49
1 cucumber, $.59
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.29
5 lbs baking potatoes, $2.69
2 lb acorn squash, $1.38
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to: $60.91
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/8-11/14 in Sunday ad markets, and 11/11-11/17 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/15/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.