We’ve made it all the way into December with this week’s meal plan! Who’s ready to get cooking again, after a weekend of Thanksgiving leftovers?
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 11/29/20 – 12/5/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Christmas Brioche, Toasted Ravioli, and Great Ground Beef Recipes
ALDI Finds this week range from Benton gingerbread trains, to cheap bags of popcorn kernels, to Specially Selected Christmas tree brioche — plus, all things holiday! See all of my favorite ALDI Finds of the week here.
Mama Cozzi’s Toasted Ravioli is seasonal in many parts of the country — and is back on the shelf, if you have been waiting! Check out my family’s ALDI toasted ravioli review (spoiler alert: SO good…).
ALDI often puts their family packs of organic grass-fed ground beef on sale, and here are five favorite ground beef recipes to help you take advantage of the next one!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 11/29/20 – 12/5/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/29/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 11/29/20
- Paprika roasted chicken & potatoes
- Reserve 2 cups shredded cooked chicken for Tuesday’s recipe
- Creamy tomato hummus soup
- Roasted asparagus grilled cheese
- (Roast up the whole 16 oz pack of asparagus, use what you need for grilled cheese, and enjoy the rest on the side)
- Italian chicken, veggie, and pasta skillet
- Toast up the remaining sourdough
- Half of the grapes
- Deconstructed vegetarian enchiladas skillet (use the yellow bell pepper)
- Sheet pan sausage, green bean, and potato dinner
- Green beans with red peppers (double the recipe to serve four; add a little salt if desired)
- With any leftover enchiladas skillet and
- The other half of the grapes
- Italian chicken thighs with zucchini + red potatoes
- Side salad, topped with strips of any remaining sweet bell pepper and chopped tomatoes
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 11/28/20
Dairy & refrigerated
10 oz Park Street Deli roasted red pepper hummus, $2.49
8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $1.29
7 oz Emporium Selection deli sliced havarti, $2.29
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz brick Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.89
8 oz brick Happy Farms cheddar, $1.89
Specially Selected sourdough round, $2.99
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $.89
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest Fire Roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
14.5 oz can Happy Harvest diced tomatoes, $.59
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Can Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.96
32 oz Simply Nature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
16 oz box Reggano penne rigate pasta, $.99
16 oz jar Specially Selected salsa verde, $1.99
4 oz can Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.69
Can Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.69
El Milagro corn tortillas, $.39
6 lb whole chicken, $5.70
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs, $2.97
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $2.39
4 lbs navel oranges, $2.49
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
16 oz asparagus, $2.49
16 oz green beans, $1.69
Little Salad Bar garden salad, $1.35
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.79
3 lb yellow onions, $1.19
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs red potatoes, $3.29
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.99
2 lbs zucchini, $2.58
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
That comes to: $60.17
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/22-11/28 in Sunday ad markets, and 11/25-12/1 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/29/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.