It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/11/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Look what cooking ALDI food will get you 😉
Although this particular update doesn’t talk about the ALDI portion specifically, one of the reasons I originally started meal planning was because I was also changing the way I was eating and thinking about food. Over the last couple of years I’ve lost 37 lbs, and am feeling so much better!
Here’s where you can read the latest on that (and also access my entire intermittent series of ramblings about weight loss, added sugar, and real foods).
ALDI meal planning week of 11/11/18 – 11/17/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 11/11/18
- Sunday: Roast chipotle chicken and potatoes (use yellow potatoes instead of russet; reserve 1.5 cups cooked shredded chicken for Tues), plus Parmesan roasted butternut squash (use shredded Parmesan, and put in oven on a separate rack for the last 25 minutes of the chicken’s cooking time.
- Monday: Pokemon inspired pizza burgers, grapes, and steam up half of the broccoli (top with a little Parmesan or cheddar if desired).
- Tuesday: Chicken broccoli cheddar hand pies (omit egg wash if you don’t have an egg on hand), garden salad (throw some black olives and green onion on there), and apples.
- Wednesday: Creamy tomato hummus soup with grilled cheese sandwiches on sourdough (combine cheddar and mozzarella on these, being sure to reserve 2 cups shredded mozzarella for Friday), apples.
- Thursday: Slow cooker chipotle chicken chili (use vegetable broth) topped with chopped green onions and avocado, and make garlic bread with the rest of your sourdough.
- Friday: Chicken potato pizza bake, grapes.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 11/10/18
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz brick Happy Farms cream cheese, $.99
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $1.99
Two 8 oz blocks Happy Farms mozzarella, $3.98
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Bake House Creations refrigerated pie crust, $1.39
10 oz Little Salad Bar roasted red pepper hummus, $2.29
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
Tuscan Garden canned black olives, $1.49
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.49
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.19
2 cans Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
1 can Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $.69
1 can Dakota’s Pride kidney beans, $.69
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
5 lb whole chicken, $4.75
2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $4.23
2 lbs 80/20 ground beef, $5.58
6 oz Mama Cozzi pepperoni, $2.19
Garden salad, $.79
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
3 lbs organic Gala apples, $2.99
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
1.5 lb butternut squash, $.89
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.89
2 avocados, $1.38
That comes to $60.10.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 11/4-11/10 in Sunday ad markets, and 11/7-11/13 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 11/7/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/11/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys — and what a great holiday gift they would be, right? 😉
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.