Don’t forget to set your clocks back on Sunday November 1, (most) everyone! That gives you a whole extra hour to cook up this week’s ALDI meal plan, as our collective cooking careers careen fully into November.
As always, use this menu plan as a starting point, modifying as necessary according to what is in stock in your area, what you have on hand in your pantry, and your own family’s dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 11/1/20 – 11/7/20
As our strange times keep on keeping on, I do hope you can use these meal plans to help restore some rhythm to your weeks.
But first, what’s new this week?
Italian Week and affordable kids’ boots
It’s Italian Week at ALDI! Plus, find affordable children’s boots, a steam mop, gourmet spreadable cheese, wellness breads, squeezable garlic… and SO much more. Check out all of my favorite Finds this week.
Is ALDI cheaper than Walmart? Here’s my last price comparison from May 2019 — And yes, I am planning to update it again when I’m able to spend a lot more time wandering both stores than is currently prudent. How do things currently look in your own area?
ALDI Meal Planning week of 11/1/20 – 11/7/20
But without further ado, here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 11/1/20. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, and start cooking on Sunday: As always, six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door.
I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan; see a summary in the printable grocery list below.
Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $60
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 11/1/20
- Potato soup with spinach — and lots of bacon! Notes: Cook up all 16 oz bacon; reserve 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon for tomorrow’s recipe. Also, use 1/2 of the bag of regular spinach; reserve the other half for Weds.
- Half of the honeycrisp apples
- Garlic cheddar sour cream biscuits
- Slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken potato casserole (use the last of the bacon)
- Slice up the rest of the honeycrisp apples
- Slow cooker chipotle chicken chili
- Half the grapes
- Toasted bagels
- Black bean, tomato, & spinach frittata
- Oven roasted potatoes (chop up the last of your potatoes, and toss them on a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper, & Italian seasoning to taste — pop in the oven at 400 degrees about 25 minutes before putting in the frittata, and cook 35-40 minutes total, until browned nicely, stirring halfway through).
- The rest of the grapes
- Barbecue potato chip turkey cheeseburger bowls (use 1/2 the turkey, and Roma tomatoes)
- BBQ potato chips
- Turkey taco stuffed sweet potatoes (use the other half of the turkey), topped with any remaining sour cream & any remaining green onions
- Make a side salad with the last heart of romaine, the other half of the cucumber, and four sliced up hard boiled eggs
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), or order in.
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 10/31/20
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.00
Happy Farms sour cream, $1.49
Emporium Selection gourmet spreadable garlic & herb cheese, $2.99
Three 8 oz blocks Happy Farms cheddar, $5.37
L’Oven Fresh bagels, $1.49
Burman’s hot sauce, $1.89
Tuscan Garden ranch dressing, $1.29
Clancy’s barbecue potato chips, $1.35
48 oz box Simply Nature organic chicken broth (this size box is seasonal — at one store it was by the broth, at the other, in the special buys aisle), $2.09
Can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
8 oz can Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.29
Dakota’s Pride 15.5 oz can Great Northern beans, $.49
Dakota’s Pride 15.5 oz can kidney beans, $.49
2 cans of Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.96
Can of Happy Harvest corn, $.49
Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
16 oz Appleton Farms sliced bacon, $3.49
3.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, $5.92
36 oz Kirkwood 85/15 fresh ground turkey, $5.99
2 lbs honeycrisp apples, $2.29
2 lbs red grapes, $1.98
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 hearts of romaine, $2.29
1 cucumber, $.59
Bunch green onions, $.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.19
3 heads garlic, $1.29
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $3.29
4 medium sweet potatoes, $3.00
Pint grape tomatoes, $1.89
2 Roma tomatoes, $.50
That comes to: $60.45
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try.
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format. (If you don’t have Word, open this in Google Docs or in Wordpad.)
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/25-10/31 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/28-11/3 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 11/1/20.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group, as well as in the Hot Deals group.
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out with just a few resources to help you with your meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping with cash back offers on the Ibotta app (search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list) and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.