Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/22/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Useful resources for meal planning and ALDI shopping
Before we get started this week, here are a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Pantry staples to stock up on
- How to modify a meal plan for your family
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers
- Two pack insulated grab bag totes, and two pack clip to cart bags
- This week’s ALDI ad
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 10/22/17 – 10/28/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/22/17
- Sunday: Easy beef, tomato, and spinach tortellini (reserve one tomato for Weds.). Serve with a couple of sliced apples as well as a chopped salad with made with half the romaine, ranch dressing, celery, green onion, and baby carrots.
- Monday: Easy smoked sausage & spinach soup (use baby carrots) with sourdough toast (reserve 8 slices of bread for Thursday’s recipe).
- Tuesday: Slow cooker buffalo ranch chicken potato casserole (use some of your bunch of green onions — they’re large at ALDI so you don’t need the whole bunch). On the side: Broccoli saute with garlic & olive oil.
- Wednesday: Sheet pan chicken dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts. On the side: Chop up your head of lettuce into large wedges and make iceberg wedge salad topped with ranch dressing, bacon bits, and one chopped tomato.
- Thursday: Ham & apple grilled cheese sandwiches (double recipe to make four sandwiches), with a cup of leftover soup from Monday. Use the other half of your romaine to make a side salad topped with whatever veggies you have left.
- Friday: Sheet pan Parmesan chicken thighs & green beans (substitute chicken breast, but slice lengthwise before cooking if they’re thicker pieces, in order to keep the cooking time similar). Serve with pan fried Yukon Gold potatoes (start these frying while you’re preheating the oven and prepping the chicken + green beans so that everything finishes about the same time) and the rest of your apples.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/21/17
Note: The boneless skinless chicken breast is only on a five day sale, so check ad dates and make sure you shop during that sale!
Dairy & refrigerated
16 oz shredded sharp cheddar, $2.99
2 containers Priano shredded Parmesan, $3.98
9 oz Priano refrigerated three cheese tortellini, $1.99
32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.89
2 cans Dakota’s Pride Great Northern beans, $1.18
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
Burman’s Dijon mustard, $.89
Specially Selected sourdough square, $2.89
Tapatio hot sauce, $1.15
Tuscan Garden ranch dressing, $1.29
Tuscan Garden bacon bits, $1.29
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $1.99
9 oz LunchMate deli style smoked ham, $2.49
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.61
1 lb 80/20 ground beef, $2.99
16 oz baby carrots, $.49
3 lb yellow onions, $1.99
Baby bella mushrooms, $1.89
3 heads garlic, $1.19
Two 5 oz SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $4.98
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.49
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $.99
Green onions, $.89
1 lb Brussels sprouts, $1.29
1 lb green beans, $1.79
Head iceberg lettuce, $1.29
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $.99
Three pack hearts of romaine lettuce, $1.79
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.59
That comes to $59.45.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/15-10/21 in Sunday ad markets and 10/18-10/24 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/18/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/22/17.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!