It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/7/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Have you checked out Imperfect Produce yet?
It’s time to see if Imperfect Produce is available in your area yet! (If not, you can sign up to be notified on their site when it is…)
- On the “almost” all ALDI front, check out my Imperfect Produce review (plus five tips for perfect kale chips).
- You can score 50% off your first box with code mashup!
Pretty cool, and a nice way to supplement your ALDI shopping and/or pick up some different seasonal produce that ALDI doesn’t carry.
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find the easy printable ALDI meal plan and shopping list for this week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 10/7/18 – 10/13/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/7/18
*** Note: You’ll end up with half a pack of bacon, half a jar of salsa, and a good part of a block of cheddar left over this week, so think beyond dinner! Simply add a dozen eggs and a pack of tortillas to this week’s shopping list, & you’ll have yourself the base for a nice batch of breakfast burritos — which also freeze very nicely.
- Sunday: Sheet pan cheddar Parmesan pork chops & green beans, grapes.
- Monday: Veggie burrito bowls w/ pan roasted corn (use red and yellow peppers, instead of two red). Top w/ half of the grape tomatoes & shredded cheddar. Have the rest of your grapes on the side.
- Tuesday: Sheet pan smoky Parmesan chicken tenders & veggies plus the Caesar salad kit.
- Wednesday: Thyme for a one pan chicken mushroom rice skillet (use the other half of the veggie broth rather than chicken broth). On the side, easy sauteed carrots w/ onions & rosemary.
- Thursday: Five ingredient bacon wrapped chicken cheddar pinwheels with fast & easy vegetable saute (substitute spinach for kale, grape tomatoes for cherry, use the rest of your zucchini & broccoli, and add the spinach in with the tomatoes).
- Friday: Skillet Cajun spiced tilapia with tomatoes (substitute canned fire roasted diced tomatoes for fresh, and the orange bell pepper for green). Serve over cooked rice. Notes: If you don’t have Cajun seasoning on hand, you can make your own — and you might wish to use less than the recipe calls for, if you are sensitive to spice. Cooking time for the fish might be slightly less since the frozen fillets are thinner, so keep an eye on them — and if you don’t eat tilapia, swap out for another firm white fish of choice.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/6/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Happy Farms deli sliced sharp cheddar, $1.99
Happy Farms block cheddar, $1.99
Casa Mamita Organic double fire roasted salsa, $2.29
32 oz SimplyNature organic vegetable broth, $1.89
3 lbs Earthly Grains long grain white rice, $1.29
1 can Happy Harvest corn, $.49
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.38
1 can Happy Harvest fire roasted diced tomatoes, $.89
16 oz Appleton Farms premium bacon, $3.49
1.5 lbs thick cut boneless pork chops, $4.49
5 lbs chicken tenderloins, $9.95
32 oz Sea Queen tilapia (frozen), $5.49
8 oz bag spinach, $1.19
Caesar salad kit, $1.99
2 lbs carrots, $1.09
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.90
1 lb green beans, $1.49
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
2 lbs green grapes, $1.98
3 heads garlic, $1.69
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.90
20 oz zucchini, $1.29
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.69
Pint grape tomatoes, $.99
2 avocados, $1.38
That comes to $59.89.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/30-10/6 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/3-10/9 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/3/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/7/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.