It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/6/19: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. Six complete dinners for four, $60 out the door!
Some super-quick ALDI Finds fun first…
You get a pumpkin, you get a pumpkin, EVERYONE gets a pumpkin…
All things pumpkin and pumpkin spice are back at ALDI this week, including giant and affordable Halloween pumpkins, Baker’s Corner canned pumpkin, and everything pumpkin spice.
And on the “almost” all ALDI note, here’s a little confession time: Why I don’t (usually) buy my spices at ALDI. Thoughts?
But now, on to this week’s ALDI menu plan:
ALDI meal planning week of 10/6/19 – 10/12/19
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/6/19
- Sunday: Bacon-wrapped chicken (use 2 lbs of chicken), with sliced honeycrisp apples and perfect roasted potatoes (add more seasonings of choice — I like Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and garlic powder myself). While your chicken and potatoes are roasting, do a little meal prep — place 3/4 lb boneless chicken breast in a saucepan, enough water to cover to about an inch. Gentle boil for 8-12 minutes or until cooked through to temperature, then let cool and shred for tomorrow’s chili. Also, cook up any leftover bacon.
- Monday: White chicken chili (substitute the shredded chicken you cooked up yesterday for the turkey, & top it with cheddar, sour cream, and green onion), spring mix salad on the side topped with chopped orange bell pepper, green onion, and any leftover bacon (cooked and crumbled).
- Tuesday: Chicken, avocado, & mozzarella chopped salad (serve on a mix of 4 oz spinach + some spring mix salad, instead of on romaine; cut up the fresh mozzarella instead of using the smaller balls), along with cups of leftover chili. Slice up the rest of your apples.
- Wednesday: Italian sausage, pepper, & potato packets (cut potatoes into smaller pieces, since you’re not using baby), along the rest of your spring mix salad, and half the bag of grapes.
- Thursday: Southwest salsa turkey burgers served on buns & topped with shredded cheddar + avocado, grapes on the side.
- Friday: Mushroom, black bean, & spinach veggie burritos served with sour cream, plus the tortilla chips with the rest of the salsa.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/5/19
Dairy & refrigerated
Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.49
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $2.89
Priano 8 oz fresh mozzarella, $2.49
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.85
Specially Selected black bean & corn salsa, $1.99
SimplyNature organic blue corn tortillas chips, $1.89
32 oz Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.39
Chef’s Cupboard bread crumbs, $.89
El Milagro medium flour tortillas, $.95
3 cans Dakota’s Pride Cannellini or Great Northern beans, $2.07
1 can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
2 cans Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $1.30
3.75 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $6.34
19.2 oz ground turkey, $3.29
Appleton Farms premium sliced bacon, $3.99
19 oz mild Italian sausage, $2.49
2 lbs green grapes, $1.78
2 lbs honeycrisp apples, $1.99
5 lbs yellow potatoes, $2.19
Bunch green onions, $.79
2 packs 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $3.78
16 oz SimplyNature organic spring mix, $4.19
8 oz bag spinach, $1.39
3 heads garlic, $1.29
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.89
2 Roma tomatoes, $.40
2 avocados, $1.98
That comes to $60.15.
Or, maybe less…! These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 9/29-10/5 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/2-10/8 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/1/19 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/6/19.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans — no spam, just get email notifications about new plans!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Almost All ALDI — for more ALDI goodness, ALDI finds, reviews, and more.
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- ALDI is now a participating store for cash back offers on the Ibotta app! (Search “ALDI” at the top of the app, if you can’t find it in the store list.)
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.