It’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 10/14/18: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
So, where can you follow all of the new ALDI recipes and more?
Here’s where you can find all your Mashup Mom goodness on the social media platform of your choice:
- Mashup Mom’s official Facebook page
- Follow me on twitter for new posts as they’re added, recipes, and more
- Check out tons of recipes, organized nicely on Pinterest
- Fun photos of food, cats and more on Instagram
- Join the hot deals group on Facebook for Amazon deals, coupons, and more
- Chat with us in the Almost All ALDI group on Facebook — food, finds, recipes, and more
I’d love to see you in any or all of these places, so come on over and say hi!
But now, let’s get back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful, and you can just scroll down under the grocery list to find the easy printable ALDI meal plan and shopping list for this week. (This is in Word format, but you should be able to open in Wordpad or Google Docs if you don’t have Word.)
ALDI meal planning week of 10/14/18 – 10/20/18
I’m assuming that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil, common condiments, and spices. 🙂 *** Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 10/14/18
- Sunday: Slow cooker salsa chicken (use 2.5 lbs), served in tortillas & topped with shredded cheddar, one diced avocado, chopped grape tomatoes (use half), chopped onion, and sour cream, plus oranges and four oz of the tortilla chips on the side (reserve the rest of the bag for Tues).
- Monday: Sheet pan chicken & harvest vegetable dinner salad and grapes.
- Tuesday: Loaded baked chicken nachos (substitute refried beans for bean dip, and top with chopped grape tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, and chopped green onion after baking), oranges.
- Wednesday: The chicken and the egg soup. Chop up the rest of your romaine for salad on the side & slice up some apples.
- Thursday: Spinach mushroom muffin tin mini frittatas (use shredded cheddar for your cheese), with not Syracuse salt potatoes and sliced cantaloupe on the side. No Instant Pot? On the stove top, boil potatoes in salted water until tender (should be able to skewer all the way through), then drain and toss with the butter & Parmesan.
- Friday: Roasted vegetable tortellini bake (substitute chicken broth for vegetable broth, & roast the rest of your broccoli up with the other veggies to throw in as well), along with the baguette.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 10/13/18
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $1.00
Friendly Farms sour cream, $.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded sharp cheddar, $2.59
9 oz Priano refrigerated three cheese tortellini, $1.99
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $1.99
Specially Selected French baguette, $1.69
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
16 oz Specially Selected salsa of choice, $1.99
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.49
Packet of Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.29
Can Casa Mamita refried beans, $.79
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.95
Happy Harvest canned corn, $.49
Can of Dakota’s Pride chickpeas (garbanzo beans), $.69
Can of Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.69
4.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.61
3 lbs Gala apples, $1.59
3 lbs navel oranges, $2.19
1 lb red grapes, $.99
3 hearts of romaine, $1.99
Two 8 oz bags spinach, $2.38
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
Three packs 8 oz mushrooms, $4.47
Bunch green onions, $.99
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.49
24 oz bite size medley potatoes, $1.79
1 sweet potato, $.89
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $3.69
2 pints grape tomatoes, $1.98
2 avocados, $1.98
That comes to $60.90.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Printable ALDI meal plan and grocery list
*** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** The day(s) next to each item show which meals use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, you can adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning. See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 10/7-10/13 in Sunday ad markets, and 10/10-10/16 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 10/10/18 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 10/14/18.
Stay in the ALDI meal planning loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
- While you’re over on Facebook (if you enjoy deals in general) please come join us in the Hot Deals Facebook group! 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!
Useful resources for meal planning + ALDI shopping
Let’s close things out today with just a few resources to help you out with your meal planning and ALDI shopping:
- Come join us in the Almost All ALDI Facebook group for recipes, meal planning ideas, ALDI food finds, and more.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys? Check out my Amazon storefront, and browse several tees that show our mutual ALDI love.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches!
- Cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- Check out my Amazon shop for some of my favorite useful items for your own meal planning. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Almost All ALDI, the eBook.
You can always access your current regional ALDI ad here.